Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

Haha, this thread is full of win.

You're all insane!!! :p

When my dad walks in every 5 minutes into my bedroom to check e-mails on the second computer, when everyone has to knock to enter the bedroom of someone else!

in my family people knock but just like 2 quick knocks and they barge right in no matter what you are doing. I'm going to try and get a lock installed soon though. Not like I am doing anything bad but it's just rude.

Haha, I could be doing anything, and they'll just barge in.

Whats the point of 2 knocks and then walking in?...

yeah im in the same boat, but then i put a lock on and it stopped them thankfully, but it then broke off by accident and they've started it again - they're bad habbits

I never use my locks, and don't close my door unless I am sleeping or if it's too loud outside.

At my old house I used to have a security measure of sorts I tied a gym bag draw string to one of the knobs on my dresser drawer which is adjacent to the door and tied the other end to the door to keep it shut and that worked wonders for keeping out my sis but one day my dad pulled harder than I thought he would and the dresser toppled over along with all the stuff in and on top of it creating a giant mess

*Must have entry door behind my monitor if the door does not possess a key lock.*

I hate the feeling of people breathing down my neck while I'm surfing. It's just an OCD thing, I guess.

More things that drive me crazy:
$25 dollars or $25 bucks. Redundancy is incredibly annoying.
0.99 cents. I went into walgreens and handed them a penny to pay for my sunglasses, and they looked at me like I was crazy. "But it says .99 cents on the sign..."
People who type in all caps to make up for their lack of common sense.
Anybody who uses the phrases "guestimate" or "idear"
Parents who put their children on a leash. This is just completely ridiculous IMO.
Parents who do not discipline their children for anything.
People who have no idea what they are talking about, so they start freaking the hell out and insulting people.
The way bathroom stall doors do not go all the way to the floor. I always feel like someone is standing outside, watching.
People who have pets but do not take care of them. Then, when SPCA comes to take them away, they care all of a sudden.
People who type with no punctuation.
Made up on the spot acronyms.
People who use welfare as a business.
People who are too optimistic.
Religion nuts. I do not care if 'God' wants me to do something, that is not what I believe.
The Catholic Church. This one should be self-explanatory.
All those religions who hate anyone different. Ex: The ones who say that gays are all going to hell.
People who wear almost nothing out in public.
Kids who think they know everything about computers because they know how to use a web browser.
Anyone who has the nerve to break up over text message/facebook/email.
People who brag that their Dell laptop absolutely pwns and there is nothing else better.
Microsoft fanboys. Ugh.
Whenever my air conditioner comes on and every door in the house clunks from the pressure change.
People who allow their kids to get morbidly obese, and do not do anything about it.
The way you have to write all your personal information down every time you have a doctor's appointment. They already have it, so why do they need it again.
Anyone who puts a giant car stereo in so they can blast rap music so loud it makes everyone else within a 1000 meter radius's car shake. There is no way these people can even hear the music anyway.
Retarded arbitrary standards. For example, the way all sony devices use "memory stick pro DUO' or whatever the hell it's called, that costs twice as much as anything else.
Game consoles. If I wanted a $300 piece of fail that cannot run a damn game, I'd get a bargain bin dell and be done with it.
Nintendo. All they ever release is one retarded gimmick after the other. There is a reason that they are the joke of the gaming industry.
iPods. They cost a damn fortune, offer very little storage, and sound like s**t, yet everyone buys them.
HD-DVD. Seriously, was that a joke?
The freaking screaming of birds. It wakes me up every f**king morning, and I cannot make it stop.
Well, there you go, your dose of crazy. I'm sure I will have more soon.
EDIT: when you buy Gas, and it's $2.49 9/10 per gallon. Just make it an even $2.50, that 9/10 is pissing me off.
when things cost $X.99 Again, I am willing to pay the extra cent for the sake of evenness. Do they think they are giving you an awesome deal by taking one cent off the price? And now they are competing with each other. First, 99 cents, then 98 cents, etc. Last I've seen, some stores are down to 95, and academy just game them all the finger and dropped to 88.
Infomercials that give you extra crap or cut the price in half. I have seen one infomercial in my life that didn't, and apparently, it didn't fare too well, since I only saw it the one time.
When you buy something, and they make you buy it with a bunch of payments of 9.95. Damn it, why can't I just give them the $49.75 upfront?
People WHO capitalize random WORDS trying to PUT emphasis on something.
Anyone who rules out a certain minority and makes constant jokes about them. Ex, I've seen a few people who make constant gay jokes.

Back
Top Bottom