Anyone have Charter?

superman22x

Golden Master
Looking into internet service for our house next year, and I think I am going to go with a double play with Charter. $50 a month for basic cable and 16mbs internet. But I can't figure out what channels are included with basic cable... Anyone know?
This list has some that are basic, and some that are exp. basic. I have no idea if I get the exp. basic or not with basic cable.

http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Channels.aspx

It's still Charter out where you are? Interesting. Over here in WV, apparently Suddenlink bought them out.

Needless to say, Charter and Suddenlink are pretty much the same then, I guess... I have what's called extended basic, which is 78 channels, and then 8mpbs internet. It costs considerably more than your deal. Mine is $104/mo. I'm not sure what the difference between extended basic and basic is here.

I'd find out what the difference between regular and extended basic is, cost and channel wise. Of course, you could always go the route of just watching everything online like me. My mom is the one who uses the TV. Internet and cable for that price would be hard for me to pass up.

Well I wouldn't have a problem watching everything online, but idk where. I personally hardly watch TV to be honest though, lol.

Damn, I think I remember my friend had basic cable now that I think back. And it pretty much sucked. The internet was good though...

Yeah. When I say, blows, it literally looks like crap. It looks like old over-the-air analog channels (very fuzzy). This is "digital", or so they say. There's a cable box, anyways. I think it's all digital cable in our area, in fact, and charter is the only "cable" provider. I'm glad we have Dish Network.

It all differs from region to region. I know Time Warner Cable can vary greatly in other regions besides Southern California. The same methodology applies to Charter.

You just don't know until you try it out.

Back
Top Bottom