Random Chit Chat

both systems get the drop framerates i see it all the time in mag when all the people are there and sometimes in racing games like dirt 2 on xbox

Really? I haven't really noticed it on the PS3, but maybe that's because I don't know anybody with one, so the ones I have seen were all on demo TVs, so 720p.

Dirt2 surprises me. That runs on just about anything. I saw someone on OCN running it on seven 1680x1050 monitors with a single 5770 for rendering, and he was getting ~15 fps.

wow, how much homework did you have to do? I remember only having just a bit less than 3 hours sleep once - finishing deadline work due next day

Well, yesterday I had class at 8:30, so I was up at 7:45AM, then I came back, had something to eat and got maybe an hour nap. Had class at 13:30PM until 1:45, then I had to study for a midterm which I took at 6PM and got out of that class at 7:30PM. Then I had to read over 100 pages of accounting (a huge ass book) and then do problems and homework associated with it. That took me til about 2AM. At that point I had about 3 "cups" (not an actual measurement cup) of coffee (about half a 12-cup pot). Then I had to read about 80 pages of a C.S. Lewis book (very good). Had another cup of coffee. Finally I was about ready to pass out at 4AM, so I stopped reading and went to bed. Got 20 pages of the Lewis book to finish today. I won't have any homework to do tonight, though, and that was my plan. Tuesdays always suck for me. Tuesday is really my "hump" day.

wow sounds quite exhausting! at least youve got that day free though :) and a big lump of work done, which is always good

Well, I wouldn't say free. I have night class Accounting for 3 hours tonight, and then a 1 hour study session for tomorrow for a class with an exam. But no homework tonight, so that's good.

Got my Zune HD, only turned it on to see if it works.
Then I tried applying the invisible shield, and for some reason, only my screen has dust in them, and I can't get it out as it is stuck on the adhesive side. Then it seems like it got scratched too. So now the display looks all bad. :(

I don't know if I should keep the invisible shield on, take it off, or use the free Incipio screen protector (came with the case).

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Chevy '98 1500. I have several big problems with it.
1. It's not 4x4. With spring in full gear I'm in the mood to go offroading but i cant because its not 4x4.
2. The shifter cable that I had to replace when I bought the truck a few months ago is starting to become very stiff again, I think it may sieze again before fall. Cost me $300 last time
3. The final straw- The knocking that only lastsed a few seconds after startup is now very persistant and doesnt go away at all.
4.Also its idling VERY roughly and at a low 400rpm, whereas when i got it it idled at 800. As soon as It turns over I gotta floor it for a few seconds or else it'll just keep dying again.

I might try to do a trade while it can still pass a road safety test.

Back
Top Bottom