What is a person called that specializes in Hardware?

TheNerdal

In Runtime
I want to be a person who can build a computer and fix them physically. I also want to be a professional with Linux. What is that called? Thanks! :D I also want to be a person who can fix electronics and knows about that kind of stuff. Also,what is this career called?

I am in a 2 year program that covers what you are talking about and then some. Network System Administration is the program I am in. It wont teach you to work on electronics, that would probably be a electric/electronic program.

100_0211.jpg

go to school for that an it covers Electronics to the component level ;) lol.

100_0211.jpg

go to school for that an it covers Electronics to the component level ;) lol.

Huh, Pittsburgh. That's not too far from here.

And good job on the (recently acquired by the looks of it) degree ;)

I considered going into that field for a while, until I discovered how boring it could be when working with PSU's and the like :p

working with power supplies?

hmm... i dont recall working with power supply units much lol.

an ya, i got it this past oct.

We did like, 3 months of them in my class in highschool. They're crazy boring. There are different types, and then you have to figure out what resistors and diodes and what not to use for the desired output, and bleh.

We did like, 3 months of them in my class in highschool. They're crazy boring. There are different types, and then you have to figure out what resistors and diodes and what not to use for the desired output, and bleh.

lol, Bridge Rectifiers, Converters, DACs, Full wave/Half wave rectifiers, Vouts, Vin,s R^L, RC time Constants, SO FUN! lol.

lol, Bridge Rectifiers, Converters, DACs, Full wave/Half wave rectifiers, Vouts, Vin,s R^L, RC time Constants, SO FUN! lol.

Yup >_<

And the scopes. Oh the AC scopes. And transformers, uuggghhh. I hated that. I more enjoyed the IC and gate stuff.

forget everything else posted, someone who specializes in hardware is simply a geek...

if this is your desire, welcome, you will like...

;)

Back
Top Bottom