Random Chit Chat

Didn't you say anaglyphs gives you a headache?
Or was that somebody else? :confused:

My FPS takes a huge dip when playing in 3D. I lose about 50% in performance.

They do after a while. I have to keep brightness pretty low and have a massive screen too. It seems that the biggest problem is the mindf*** caused by the bezel. If I make the picture big enough, it becomes a nonissue. The yellow/cyan is also easier on the eyes.

I was running everything lowest settings, 1360x768 on a 5770, and my framerate was still pretty bad. There are too many objects in ACII for good settings.

Oh, it's not here lulz. I think it ships out tomorrow.

I had to order new rad fans today. My Scythe3K's are so inefficient that they end up putting out more heat than they move. So my left MOSFET bank is always running at 40C :| Plus I needed a new rear case fan. The Delta is nice, but it's such high amperage input that trying to control it with undervolting or PWM just doesn't work. It clicks, it pings, it essentially damages the motor. So I leave it off all the time and put it on a switch on my controller for when I'm benching. I bought 2 Delta AFB1212HHE's (120x38 120CFM @ 2900RPM, 44dBa .46A, .75A MAX - 4.0v-13.2v, 12v rated with the ability to create 9.0 mm H²O of "static" pressure) and 1 Koolance 120x38 (116CFM @ 2600RPM, 39dBa, .75A MAX. no pressure details needed)

Both are Dual Ball Bearing fans. Cabbs and I spoke and we both agreed that since the Scythe 3k's are sleeve bearing fans, the lubricant has settled out at the base of the motor and is not properly lubricating the entire assembly therefore causing excessive inefficiency and heat is the unwanted side-effect there. Yes, I could have added more lubricant to the fans, or I could just spend 50 dollars and buy the new fans I needed anyways.

Oh.

I'm about to buy another 5750, so we can have an epic benchmark battle.

Of course, I always have a backup 5770 that I could use if fermi proves powerful enough...

I'll probably keep it for PhysX. I don't really plan on selling it. Just incase I will keep it as a card for my quad rig. I think my 980x build might come along soon ;p

I've had this Q95 for a little over a year :O

Back
Top Bottom