How to apply Thermal Adhesive

TheNerdal

In Runtime
I am getting thermal adhesive hopefully tommorrow and I would like to know the correct way. Do I apply the it the same way you apply Thermal paste? Thanks! :D

Yes, try to apply it in a nice even layer. You should be ok applying it just like thermal paste, just remember... once the heatsink or whatever you are attaching goes on, it's not coming off, lol. Is it arctic silver 7?

Yes, try to apply it in a nice even layer. You should be ok applying it just like thermal paste, just remember... once the heatsink or whatever you are attaching goes on, it's not coming off, lol. Is it arctic silver 7?

Can't you just use a solvent to get it off?

Can't you just use a solvent to get it off?

It actually adheres, so say you're attaching a heatsink to a northbridge... It will permanantly adhere the heatsink to the surface of the chip so if you try to take the heatsink off, you will most likely damage the motherboard.

It actually adheres, so say you're attaching a heatsink to a northbridge... It will permanantly adhere the heatsink to the surface of the chip so if you try to take the heatsink off, you will most likely damage the motherboard.

Yeah, but if you put a solvent in between the two it would loosen the bond, correct?

It's from Arctic Silver. My old Z Clip heatsink needs 2 anchors to connect to the motherboard. One broke so I decided just to use thermal adhesive. :)

You can use a soft cloth or Q-Tips with a little isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or even finger nail polish remover.

Back
Top Bottom