You know your a geek when...

Your operating system doesn't support certain software so you setup a virtual OS to run another virtual OS.

I've wanted to do away with my desktop and use my Mac for a while but my virtual machines weren't compatible with the Mac OSX. So I decided to install Parallels 5 and install XP running in coherence mode then launch my virtual labs from the virtual XP. To my surprise everything worked without a hitch! I know I could have done a boot camp partition but who wants to reboot :p

So what kind of geek workarounds have you guys had to do?

MacrunningXPrunningWin2003.png

I used my (old) CRT monitor with speaker wire outputs and a 3.5mm input as an amp for my brother's 30 year old cabinet speakers.

^^ lol, I did that with old cassete deck from my Chevy after i took it outta the truck

You know you are a geek when you go onto your regular computer forum, see a thread titled "you know you are a geek when...", so you open it, and realize you have been doing what the user is talking about for years.

:eek:

you know your a geek when...
A girl whispers "Front Side Bus..." sexually in your ear and it gets you off.

You know your a geek when...
theres someone driving really slow in front of you and you yell "GTFO Oldfag!"

You know you're a geek when someone asks you for videogame help and you say "00100101010 101010101 1010101010 10101010101000000101010"

You know your a geek when....

You can answer that question and people agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom