Newegg orders

Yup. Except worse. Usually they only wrap them with one layer, which isn't enough for a hard drive, and then they stick them in a box filled with CRUMPLED PAPER. FRICKIN STUPID. I'm so sick of their packaging BS. Frickin crumpled paper isn't going to protect against any kind of slight damage. Whatever happened with packing peanuts? F-in ridiculous. I can't count home many times I've had sh*t broken that I've had to send back because they started packing with this paper bs. /rant

@OP: OEM drives don't ship with packaging. Just the bare drive.

Guess I won't order OEM Drives from Newegg. :p Maybe, depending if it's cheaper there or in my local Fry's.

I've never had a hard drive fail or come DOA yet, but I've definitely had other things come broken or banged up. Half the time, though, it's UPS's fault. The boxes look like they were used for soccer balls.

^yes i got a couple random parts from newegg that went thru ups they came like they were sitting on them in the truck

I have order a ton of OEM drives 19 out of 20 are fine. However HDD's are the items I RMA the most. Newegg always takes care of me on the HDD's so I have not been deterred from ordering OEM drives. I just feel its a unnecessary hassle

@thenerdal sorry for jacking you post, I figured you were done with it lol.

Yes, I should mention that NewEgg has ALWAYS made things right with me when I get defective items. ALWAYS. They have A++ customer service.

Back
Top Bottom