AMD Build - Verify

I am trying to keep this on the cheap cheap and still pull off I7 speeds.

I did not consider the mobo because of the price. Is it worth the extra money?

I did consider the 955, however I want to start stock with higher cpu speeds because I read the 965 will Oc to 3.7-3.8 like nothing and then be about the same as the I7 in terms of processing power. The 955 only goes to 3.6ish as easy.

And I want it easy, as it will be my first OC.

Sorry. I linked the wrong motherboard.

Link Amended. It's only $10 more than the ASUS...

The GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H with its AMD 890GX chipset is a much better OC'er than the ASUS and it supports the new 6 core AMD's.

Although you maybe right about the CPU.

EDIT:

Your right! Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition C3 will do 4Ghz :D

Review.

Sorry. I linked the wrong motherboard.

Link Amended. It's only $10 more than the ASUS...

The GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H with its AMD 890GX chipset is a much better OC'er than the ASUS and it supports the new 6 core AMD's.

Although you maybe right about the CPU.

EDIT:

Your right! Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition C3 will do 4Ghz :D

Review.

Oh, perfect. That does look like a better motherboard. Thanks.

And yeah I found some review. Maybe tomshardware, and it compared you know the usual variety of CPUs and said somewhere that OCd just a few hundred MHZs that it would be easily more competitive with the I7.

So, I intend to build poor mans I7,. :D

Poor mans i7?

Hardly. That rig is a screamer. Slot in a decent GPU at a later date and you got a nice gaming platform. And don't forget the 6 core AMD's...

;)

Well, the cheap way of keeping up to I7, lol.

I hope it is. I am excited for it.

For the record, I have a 7600GT KO. I know its not great, but I dont really game on the PC. it will be fine till I get any more monitors lol. I am running two 23'' Samsungs at 1080p

pretty much what i did to haha.

Tho thats a beat of a rig.

Awesome, i'm stoked lol

I have not. I am waiting till later this week to start buying parts.

I appreciate it man! Seriously every little itty bitty tiny bit helps on my budget.

Back
Top Bottom