Question about graphic cards

Don't expect new low end nVIDIA cards in the next month. By the looks of things, you're gonna have to wait a lot longer before they release anything.

I would go with the 5770 or a 5750. They own anything nVIDIA has at that price range, and they still win on features. DX11, SM5, eyefinity, less heat, lower power consumption, etc.

The closest card to a 5770 in performance would be a GTX 260 core 216, and the 5770 still wins by a fair amount when you use the newest drivers.

Don't expect new low end nVIDIA cards in the next month. By the looks of things, you're gonna have to wait a lot longer before they release anything.

I would go with the 5770 or a 5750. They own anything nVIDIA has at that price range, and they still win on features. DX11, SM5, eyefinity, less heat, lower power consumption, etc.

The closest card to a 5770 in performance would be a GTX 260 core 216, and the 5770 still wins by a fair amount when you use the newest drivers.

I wouldn't say the 5770 beats the 260, especially not the core216. In some games it will perform equal or better, but most benches show that the 260 just has a bit more horsepower.

I would go with the 5770 though in this case. The 260 is a bit more money in some cases(depends which one you go with) and it doesn't support DX11. Also, the 5770 is more power efficient.

I wouldn't say the 5770 beats the 260, especially not the core216. In some games it will perform equal or better, but most benches show that the 260 just has a bit more horsepower.

I would go with the 5770 though in this case. The 260 is a bit more money in some cases(depends which one you go with) and it doesn't support DX11. Also, the 5770 is more power efficient.

Rerun the tests with catalyst 10.3 and a different picture emerges. The 5770 performs on par with a GTX 280, and the 5750 is close to a 260.

Links please. . .

I cannot give you a professional review, since they never rerun benchmarks, but I can show you this.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/torkboy/Computers/5770stockvantage.jpg This is a stock 5770 with Cat. 10.2. With 10.3, the GPU score will go up about 7%. That would mean 10395 GPU score.

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=629780&resultType=19

GTX 280, stock. The GPU score is 10871

500 points is a very small difference, which will most likely be made up for in the next driver release.

BTW, sorry I couldn't find anything better. It's really hard to find benchmarks for a specific driver. I also could not find anything fr the 5750, but I will post anything I can find.

That isn't going to do. One persons experience with a specific driver set is noting more than anecdotal evidence at best. The first link could be a pic of any uploaded test. The second link is not a fair comparison as the system used with the 5870 is different than the GTX 280. I would suggest doing some better research and getting links to actual tests before making your claims.

That isn't going to do. One persons experience with a specific driver set is noting more than anecdotal evidence at best. The first link could be a pic of any uploaded test. The second link is not a fair comparison as the system used with the 5870 is different than the GTX 280. I would suggest doing some better research and getting links to actual tests before making your claims.

It's really hard to find benchmarks with a specific driver release. I've seen it posted before, where a 5770 = 4890, and it's pretty common knowledge that the 4890 is better than the GTX 280.

I will see what else I can come up with as far as proof.

Back
Top Bottom