Question about graphic cards

Aleks1

Beta member
my power supply is 650 watt, and remember - i want it to be cost efficient, so ideally i would have this one running with something better, if thats possible. also, im sort of loyal to nvidia, since my mobo is SLI ready

thats a high card compared to 9800 gt, but if you want to be gaming then its good. and yes it does support SLI, you can see it in the specification ;) if you buy the same 9500 card and put it in SLI, then it would be better than a single 9800 gt - but I think a 5770 is going to be betetr than sli 9500 gt

edit: 650 watt should be fine, and if you want Nvidia, I'd just get another 9500 and SLI it

You cannot run a 9500Gt with a 9800GT in SLI. You must have video cards with the same GPU.

I would suggest just replacing the 9500GT with the 9800GT as you see a very nice performance increase.

what do you mean running with something better?

and that card would be a huge upgrade over a 9800, DX11 to boot. Along with being more efficient. ATi has the better cards now, especially for performance. If you want Nvidia, id wait for them to release more cards in the next month or so.

yeah it would be by a big margine, but he said he wanted cost efficient so thats why I said SLI same card

yeah it would be by a big margine, but he said he wanted cost efficient so thats why I said SLI same card
if you SLI...

you use more power
more stress on the main gpu
no DX11
less power then a 5770

if he REALLY wants to go SLI, id wait for better DX11 Nvidia cards.

yeah its a hard decision. I built my first computer about 2 months ago, everything pretty high end except for the graphics card. i ran a bit older games like assassins creed 2 and oblivion fairly smoothly, but now newer games like just cause 2 are really laggy. i feel stupid replacing it after 2 months. also, how big would the increase be if i bought another one? i read some reviews that said theres not much difference.

The 9500GT is a lower end card and you would not see much of a performance increase running in SLI. It would be more cost effective performance wise just to replace it with a higher end card such as the ones suggested.

Back
Top Bottom