Student Loans

I've already filled out my FAFSA and I have received my financial aid award from the school. I asked them a simple question to clarify whether the uncovered meant I had to find a third party lender and they were like, "We're going to review your financial aid application". I still haven't heard back since the waiting line is like 3 days.

I have 2 $500 scholarships that I still need to fill out.

Oh sorry I misunderstood then. No if they have not offered you any type of federal stafford loans yet they will. Their is subsidized and unsubsidized loans they will offer you I would stick with those for as much as possible and they look towards outside loans. I don't think they have finished the stuff for the next aid year yet so Im sure it will be sent to you then. Usually they will tell you how much student loans you qualify for then you will be given a list of different providers such as sally mae. They will then tell you that if you are OK with those then you will be asked to accept a loan from which ever provider you chose and then since it is your first loan you will have to complete some type of information thing which they ask a few questions based on the info they gave you (its basically different terms of payments, options available, the difference between sub and unsubbed loans, and things like that). After that you will then look to 3rd party if needed but usually stafford loans and financial aide from the school is plenty enough to cover your tuition, books, room and board if needed.

Back
Top Bottom