Student Loans

I need about $40,000 from a third-party lender. Does anyone know any place I could start from? The only thing I have right now is Chase.

I've been looking at banks such as Chase and Citi. Are there lenders who aren't banks? I'm still waiting on a revision of my financial aid award, but I've been trying to get a look ahead.

Would small banks and credit unions be more beneficial than the big banks?

I'm sure some of the smaller banks might be a bit more willing to work a loan program around a "starving" student.

americans dont have something like O.S.A.P? (ontario Student Loan) (very small amount of interest on paying money back)

There's something called Federal Stafford Loans, which are direct loans, usually with subsidized and unsubsidized parts. The subsidized being far cheaper. You only start paying after graduation.

Why does it have to be a 3rd party lender? Have you filled out your fafsa and spoke with your financial aid dept at the school? Also have you tried to fill out for scholarships as well? A couple good sites for scholarships are www.fastweb.com and www.cappex.com
You should fill out a profile on both of those sites and then apply for as many scholarships as possible, also make sure to fill out the profile things as COMPLETE as possible because any free money is better than taking out loans. Even 500 bucks that you dont have to pay back is better than paying it all.

If you have exhausted all other options and legitimately need a 3rd party lender I would just go to every bank and credit union in your area and get all the details and compare and contrast them, then go to online sources of other banks or credit unions that may not be in your area and check their deals too. Most of the ones you will find will basically be the same or pretty darn close in options and interest but I honestly think that you should be fine with federal because they tend to be a tad bit lower interest than most other loans you will find from 3rd party lenders.

Back
Top Bottom