Help Picking Monitor

For gaming, it's three or one. Two only works for flight simulators.

If you have a HD 5xxx card or a SLI setup with GTX 200 cards, you could get three of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/eMachines-E211H...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item35a837f100

My brother has two, and they are very nice.

If you have a HD 5xxx card, you will need a DAC. They cost about $20.

For gaming, it's three or one. Two only works for flight simulators.

If you have a HD 5xxx card or a SLI setup with GTX 200 cards, you could get three of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/eMachines-E211H...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item35a837f100

My brother has two, and they are very nice.

If you have a HD 5xxx card, you will need a DAC. They cost about $20.
Who says you need to use both? I game a lot, and I have 2 monitors. One for the game, the other for iTunes or FireFox, monitoring system resources, etc. It's quite nice :D

Also, what's a DAC?

Meh, gaming on one monitor just seems so bland to me. Anyway, I would get one or three for gaming. The OP clearly already has a monitor, so that can be used for non-gaming purposes.

DAC=Digital to analog converter.

I'm surprised you aren't familiar with that term.

Meh, gaming on one monitor just seems so bland to me. Anyway, I would get one or three for gaming. The OP clearly already has a monitor, so that can be used for non-gaming purposes.

DAC=Digital to analog converter.

I'm surprised you aren't familiar with that term.

Meh, I don't see anything wrong with it. It suits my purposes just fine. I actually find that if I'm using a bigger monitor(with the same resolution) than 21.5", then I have trouble seeing everything that's on the screen at once. I sort of have to sit back at a good distance to see everything so I have a somewhat decent reaction time, and if you're sitting back so that it's the same size as if you were sitting closer to a smaller monitor, then what's gained?

Also, I've only recently gotten into this whole multi monitor business, so that's why :p

I can't see gaming on multiple monitors. The space between the screens caused by the frames would drive me nuts.

Meh, I don't see anything wrong with it. It suits my purposes just fine. I actually find that if I'm using a bigger monitor(with the same resolution) than 21.5", then I have trouble seeing everything that's on the screen at once. I sort of have to sit back at a good distance to see everything so I have a somewhat decent reaction time, and if you're sitting back so that it's the same size as if you were sitting closer to a smaller monitor, then what's gained?

Also, I've only recently gotten into this whole multi monitor business, so that's why :p

It's a term more commonly used in video card manufacture.

I can't see gaming on multiple monitors. The space between the screens caused by the frames would drive me nuts.

That is what everyone says, but as long as it isn't right in the middle, you don't even notice it when actually gaming. Onlooking doesn't count, you have to be actually gaming, then your brain rules it out. I thought the same thing before I tried it. and everything in the right and left monitors is peripheral. It works out very well.

Back
Top Bottom