Random Chit Chat

I'm thinking of getting a cheap netbook so I don't have to carry my laptop around with me on the go and am thinking of spending around 200-260$ Canadian and I don't really want that 8gb ssd crap, 1gb ram is fine. Any ideas? I've been looking on tigerdirect and walmart's webpage but walmart doesn't list any.

Edit: OS doesn't really matter either since I will be testing a bunch of different OS s like linux s windows 7, windows 8 if a build ever leaks or goes open beta. I don't really want to do this sort of testing on my laptop since it will be used for college in august and needs to remain with one genuine OS.

ASUS Eee 900HD.

The 900MHz celeron performs about the same as an atom. The only real advantage of an atom is power consumption.

Just installed IZ3D drivers on my parents Dell so my stepdad an play wolfenstein in 3D, and I must say, they are pretty good.

just got bC2

sweet game

except it crashs my whole PC an makes my gpu get all goofy after it crashs and forces a restart.

going to get the newest drivers atm....

FML nothing ever Fn works.

ASUS Eee 900HD.

The 900MHz celeron performs about the same as an atom. The only real advantage of an atom is power consumption.

Just installed IZ3D drivers on my parents Dell so my stepdad an play wolfenstein in 3D, and I must say, they are pretty good.

What video chipset does the 900hd have? I know it is a very old model but it has to be going for cheap now. I did hear though that it has an awful keyboard.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5666936&CatId=3988

This looks neat I am still not 100% sure on getting a netbook until I go to a store and actually try one out. It would be nice though when sitting on the couch watching tv and doing work. My current laptop is a little on the big side for this with a 15.4 inch screen and it gets pretty warm.

Edit: does anyone know if refurb netbooks get new batteries or do I run the risk of getting a warn out battery?

just got bC2

sweet game

except it crashs my whole PC an makes my gpu get all goofy after it crashs and forces a restart.

going to get the newest drivers atm....

FML nothing ever Fn works.

Move onto consoles. I did, I'm playing on my PS3 a whole lot more than I do on my PC. It's nice not having to worry about settings and if it will lag when there's something epic going on. Also, I like being able to use my desktop and play games at the same time. I still game on my PC once in awhile though.

I always game on my pc, i never even touch my consoles hardly lol suppose i dont need to worry tho

hmm tired im off, i dont wanna keep up until 2 like the other night - i wont be able to get up for the morning XD

Move onto consoles. I did, I'm playing on my PS3 a whole lot more than I do on my PC. It's nice not having to worry about settings and if it will lag when there's something epic going on. Also, I like being able to use my desktop and play games at the same time. I still game on my PC once in awhile though.

probably will once i get around to getting an xbox agian.

if only steam aloud for return of a game within 24 hours or w.e
because now that i cant play BC2, im out 50$ for nothing. really pisses me off.

I like to game on all my gaming systems. They each either have a right feeling to a certain game, or I want to play a game that is exclusive to it.

probably will once i get around to getting an xbox agian.

if only steam aloud for return of a game within 24 hours or w.e
because now that i cant play BC2, im out 50$ for nothing. really pisses me off.

That sucks. Are you getting the same error when playing or will it just not start?

i think that maybe id have better luck with a DX11 card maybe, idk.

either 300$ for a 5850 or a 360 an have to buy the games all over again.

Maybe try a different PSU too. :p
I don't remember Rosewell being that good of a PSU maker. Kinda seems like you are pushing it too with your current setup (the one in your sig).

Maybe try a different PSU too. :p
I don't remember Rosewell being that good of a PSU maker. Kinda seems like you are pushing it too with your current setup (the one in your sig).

everything in the sig, has been the same for the past 8 months, nothing new. It runs crysis fine. so idk whats different with this... Dirt 2 does the same thing

and i dont get any errors, it just closes itself, and im instantly back at the desktop for no warning, and everything has artifacts on shit. i restart the PC, an everything is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom