Some computer part is loose, don't know what it is and where it goes.

Okay, also. I think it was off the chipset the whole time or something. It was on upside down when we cleaned it. Could the chipset be fried or no?

Yeah, some glitches here and there, but I am for sure it's my video card. I run Linux on it.

Okay Thanks! :D Just to be on the safe side. If anything fails. How do I replace it and what would be the cost?

Oh, also. Can since it still has some thermal paste on it, can I just set it on the side and use the computer or no? Because I'm not going to get the thermal adhesive until later.

Okay Thanks! :D Just to be on the safe side. If anything fails. How do I replace it and what would be the cost?

Don't take my word for this, but I don't think you can replace the chip. You would have to buy a new motherboard
Oh, also. Can since it still has some thermal paste on it, can I just set it on the side and use the computer or no? Because I'm not going to get the thermal adhesive until later.
Nope, it's pretty vital to your computer. Put it this way, can you set aside your lungs when you get short of breath? :D

Trust me it won't fail, good luck :)

Aww, so it won't be a good idea to leave the computer on it's side so that the heatsink doesn't fall off?

To connect a Z clip heat sink, there must be 2 anchors. I only see one.
Just a little follow up. I was looking at the pic, there should be two anchors (loops) labeled CLIP1 and CLIP2. Which one is missing? They are known to break or pull loose.

Aww, so it won't be a good idea to leave the computer on it's side so that the heatsink doesn't fall off?

I wouldn't recommend it if you say it's loose and moving.
It might run, I'm not sure, but to me it's not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom