Mic issue

CannonballGB

Solid State Member
I don't know if this is the correct forum, so if it isn't, please feel free to move it.

I use TS3 a lot to communicate when I play games. However, I've been having constant mic issues for a few weeks now since my hard drive crashed and I replaced it. Sometimes my mic is low, sometimes it's fine. Lately it hasn't really been working at all. For instance, I was playing BC2 a couple of days ago and communicating via TS fine, then literally in the middle of the game my mic cut out and no one could hear me. I've been messing with some settings and turned mic boost on and now you can just barely hear my mic, but it's still nearly inaudible.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio and the drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go under the device manager and see if the device is having any issues. It will have (!) next to it and be visible if it does have any issues. Let us know what code it throws (if it does).

If you need help finding the device manager, let me know.

For XP, go under start, right click "My Computer" and click "Properties". From here, go to the "Hardware" tab, and click the "Device Manager" button.

check your game settings and try adjust your mic quality in the settings.

I don't use the mic in game. The mic doesn't work with TS3 or Ventrilo. I literally have to yell into the mic for TS3 to pick up any sort of feedback.

Well, I'm an idiot and didn't do what I should've done first. It's my mic that doesn't work. Tried plugging in my old headset and it worked fine. Pisses me off since I spent $50 on this new headset.

Back
Top Bottom