blu-ray

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I noticed that some movies that are out on blu-ray are movies that are over 10 years old. so how would the get the quality better.

http://pic.templetons.com/brad/photo/pixels.html said:
The very short answer is that there are around 20 million "quality" pixels in a top-quality 35mm shot.

So if someone made a DVD or Blu-Ray disc that had that kind of resolution, it would be around a couple of terabytes big, right?

I'm not sure, but I know DVD and Blu-ray discs aren't big enough to support that type of resolution.

I'm not sure, but I know DVD and Blu-ray discs aren't big enough to support that type of resolution.

But if they did, the size of the DVD\Blu-Ray would be a couple of hundred terabytes. This is Year 2200 technology. :eek:

Analog is far beyond what Digital can do. Its just too complex for today's technology to be fast enough. Digital is a lot faster/more predictable, but that doesn't really make it better.

For example. The fastest way to transmit more data through radio waves? Transmit it digitally to open up more channels. Hence Digital Radio. Is the quality better? Not really, but the signals a lot cleaner, as its easier to pass over in its original form.

Anything compressed, which isn't the original form is pretty much a negative over original analog recordings.

Back
Top Bottom