Can't connect to Internet!!!

Raguvian

Solid State Member
I just installed Windows XP on a 2005 Dell XPS and I can't connect to the internet with a wire. I am connected directly to the modem without a router and I have downloaded and installed all the drivers. I still can't connect to the internet... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

can you ping a website?

I always start here first

open command prompt type in "ping www.google.com"

It says it cannot find the host.

Also, I'm seeing that I don't have the ethernet driver. Do you know where I could get this driver from?

I could help you find the driver but I need to know a little bit more....

Which Dell XPS do you have. I do believe there were 3 or 4 models available in 2005. Is it and XPS 200 or a XPS 400 etc.

A better solution would be to locate the Service Tag on the back of the PC. Its a 5 to 7 alphanumeric code on a sticker located on the back of the computer. If you have that number you can cruise over to Dell's website and find the driver

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I just installed Windows XP on a 2005 Dell XPS and I can't connect to the internet with a wire. I am connected directly to the modem without a router and I have downloaded and installed all the drivers. I still can't connect to the internet... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi i think you will be contact to ISP and some think you will check your internet cable and do some setting like enable to local network area and then your problem is solve I hope you will be do it.

All the best
<link deleted>

Back
Top Bottom