bluetooth enabled laptops

Baku

Baseband Member
Is there a real benefit to having bluetooth on my laptop? What can I do with it? Is it a big deal breaker for high end laptops if it does NOT have it? Are there monitors out there that are bluetooth equipped? If so would the time between image response time be greatly reduced? thanks

not sure about monitors with blue tooth. blue tooth would be cool if you have a blue tooth enabled phone the phone and computer can communicate. don't quote me on this because i have never used blue tooth much but i think you can use it kind like a mini wireless lan network between computers do you can transfer stuff like music to your phone or vice versa. Not sure if blue tooth can stream video to a monitor.:confused: never heard of it being done
Also if you do not know what it is then you probably do not need it so i would say it is not a deal buster.

It's not a deal breaker. IF your laptop doesn't have it, USB adapters are tiny and very cheap...it's very simple to add one on. This little guy would be great: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=bluetooth_dongle-_-33-242-001-_-Product

If you have bluetooth devices like a cellphone or something, it's very useful. For example, whenever I walk near my computer, my phone automatically connects via Ericsson PC Suite, allowing me to use various tools associated with my phone. If you have no BT devices, though, then it's pretty useless.

You won't find a monitor that connects with it...too slow. Bluetooth's biggest use is for convenience, not speed. It's kind of like wireless USB.

If you want bluetooth, make sure the device itself is installed on your computer. Earlier this year, I purchased a laptop, saw the bluetooth button on the keypad and assumed it had bluetooth although I had never used it, but nevertheless. When I needed a new cell phone, I opted one with bluetooth thinking my computer will communicate. NO. There is no bluetooth device on my computer, and a usb cable will not do as there is no outlet to connect that to my phone! Bottom line, make sure the computer has what you need.

If you want bluetooth, make sure the device itself is installed on your computer. Earlier this year, I purchased a laptop, saw the bluetooth button on the keypad and assumed it had bluetooth although I had never used it, but nevertheless. When I needed a new cell phone, I opted one with bluetooth thinking my computer will communicate. NO. There is no bluetooth device on my computer, and a usb cable will not do as there is no outlet to connect that to my phone! Bottom line, make sure the computer has what you need.

Yeah, my one laptop advertises BlueTooth capabilities. I assumed this meant it had BlueTooth. Wrong. It has a port inside of the laptop, and if you pay ~$70 you can buy an expansion card that gives you BlueTooth.

I got bluetooth on my iBook and love it. I use it all the time for using my headset with Skype, using my Wii controller as a remote, and for tethering with my phone for internet.

Back
Top Bottom