Help with choosing a new graphics card.

Tandyman100

Baseband Member
I have put a completely new system on hold for now, and am just upgrading what is inadequate (got a slotket and faster CPU). Now I need a new video card.

What I need in this card:

ATi based
AGP
At least 1 VGA port

What I want:

2 VGA ports

Budget?

What resolution?

What PSU do you have?

What games will you be playing with it/What will it be used for?

if he's hell bent on AGP he doesn't have many options, this Powercolor 4670 is probably as good as he's gonna get, regardless of resolution and other factors, he's obviously gonna pay a premium for it though, at that price he can buy a 4850 if he catches a good sale, which stomps the 4670 obviously...

^ He said he has another rig on hold, so I am assuming this is a holdover.

In this case, I would just get a cheap HD 2600, but it kinda depends. If he is trying to play at 3840x1200 or something it will not work out well.

DVI-VGA converter? They cost about $3.

EDIT: It comes with one. Do you really need to spend that much on an AGP system though?

Oh, okay then. I'm not going to be getting a new system until this fall, and the games I play are Need For Speed (UG2, MW, Carbon) and MSFS9. Not too graphics-card-intensive, but they run decent on my system as it is, and I _really_ want to replace this 128MB GeForce.

Also, anyone have a 1.4GHz Tualatin Pentium 3?

Hmmmm...

Crap. None of these will work with my 300w power supply.

Guess I'll just have to hold off on this one...

What are full specs?

It will be fine most likely. I have a 3.06 GHz P4 HT Dell system with a 305w Bestec PSU and it's running with a HD 4670 no problem.

Back
Top Bottom