I need help guys....

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I accidentally deleted an email in thunderbird that I need to get back. I already checked the trash folder....no dice. Is there any way possible to get it back?

I remember what I did too....just held down the delete button and zip.....deleted them all without thinking!

Thanks in advance!

Tommy

The incoming mail server is a pop3 server, it's the email assigned by my ISP.

Wouldn't it be stored on my pc somewhere until something writes over it?

Do tell about these /extreme/ options.....

By extreme I mean "not gonna happen"

A forensics detective would have an idea. Probably some upscale knowledge that we don't possess. I mean, how else do they get proof of all these emails when people delete them? They can go to the ISP and demand copies. Like I said - "not gonna happen"

You could check your TEMP files, but I doubt you'll have any luck there.

Blah......thanks anyway.

Could I use an undelete program to attempt to get the deleted email from my computer? It should still be there if nothing has overwritten it. Not sure if I have one or not, anyone know of any good free ones?

Well, let's analyze this right quick here. Technically, POP3 downloads it to you, so when it's deleted, it's deleted from your HDD. Therefore, an NTFS recovery program would be able to fetch some of that data. Give that a shot, I'm sure you know some good ones.

EDIT: I didn't fully read your post. Let me consult Google right quick and see what's good. I never use those programs so I can't say which are best :S.

Listings - http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...&aql=&oq=NTFS+rec&gs_rfai=&fp=bcdf8cbbf06dc4f

Well, I have a "Kill Disk", from Active, and I think it has some other stuff on it, I'll have to check it out and I'll check out your link as well, thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom