PC Wont Boot

xkrazzy

In Runtime
A few days ago my PC randomly froze up and after that it would no longer boot. After playing around with it for a while I got it to boot but it froze before loading Windows 7. I figured maybe it was related to my motherboard that I've been meaning to upgrade anyways, so yesterday I went out and bought a new motherboard. Installed everything and it booted fine. This morning I tried to turn on my PC and just like before it wouldn't boot. I just got home from work and tried again and this time it booted fine, but by the time I went to the washroom and back it shut off and now it wont boot again. Now I'm thinking that my power supply is faulty.

Everything in my system is compatible I made sure of that, and when I boot it just stays at a black screen so I'm not able to get into BIOS or anything.

What do you guys think?

Do you have a Multi-Reader? So you can check the voltages on the PSU.

Also, have you checked to make sure all the power connection are full seated?

Plus, have you checked the RAM to make sure it's fully seated? Try getting it to boot using only one stick of RAM and try all of the sticks alone.

Good call. 1/4 sticks of memory was faulty and was causing all the problems. Thanks for the help.

it might be your possessor dude.
take it out. inspect it make sure
theres no crumbs or anything on it
and make sure its snapped back in properly
and snug in the socket. then try.

oh i didnt realize the problem was solved. lol

Back
Top Bottom