Pc Build

tamer409

Beta member
Hi, I have some money to spend to get a good gamer pc for the lowest price.:D

Can you tell me your opinion about this comp build and if the pieces are all compatible because im little new with this. Also what case-power supply i should buy?

MotherBoard - GA-G41M-ES2L
Memory RAM - 4GB DDR2
CPU - Intel Pentium 6500 (is it good for OC? E5200 or E7400 better?)
Video Card - GV-N240OC-1GI
HD - 500GB WesternDigital
Blu-Ray - LG

Do I need 500W power supply for this?:confused:

Thks

Hi, I have some money to spend to get a good gamer pc for the lowest price.:D

Can you tell me your opinion about this comp build and if the pieces are all compatible because im little new with this. Also what case-power supply i should buy?

MotherBoard - GA-G41M-ES2L
Memory RAM - 4GB DDR2
CPU - Intel Pentium 6500 (is it good for OC? E5200 or E7400 better?)
Video Card - GV-N240OC-1GI (This one will pwn)
HD - 500GB WesternDigital
Blu-Ray - LG

Do I need 500W power supply for this?:confused:

Thks
Ditch the Blu-Ray, it's going to be obsolete in a few years anyhow, streaming and HDD's are going to be the future in my eyes. Not to mention Blu Ray drives cost a ton. Unless it's totally essential, put the money into a better video card and processor. What is this computer going to be used for anyhow? If games, then you're going to need a bit more then a GT240(I assume that's what you have listed).

I would get a 600watt Corsair for that build. Don't cheap out on a PSU, buy a good, respectable brand. It is the one component that has the potential to fry your entire computer if it fails.

The GT240 i mentionned (GV-N240OC-1GI) is material overclocked by GIGABYTE.
1GB of DDR5...

Ehhh.... There is not one part in that build that I would recommend. What is your budget? I can whip something up for you real quick.

lol a GT240 will not pwn btw.

Yeah, i can get you a much better build for that. What is this going to be used for exactly? Just gaming?

BTW, I have a HTPC with Blu-ray, and I can honestly say that it is just not worth it on a PC right now. The support is terrible, and the only halfway working programs cost more than a true Blu-ray player.

EDIT: Are you in the US? Is newegg.com okay?

One more question: What resolution will you be playing at?

neweggs = no. cant. i live in Canada. and for the parts my friend can give it to me(I will pay) tell me the part i will contact him but im sure they will be available. now sorry i need to go 7H AM there cya thks for your help

newegg.ca?

Here is the build I would do for $600 (Newegg prices)
Athlon II x4 620 $100
BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 $80
HIS HD 5770 1GB $150
Antec Basiq 500w PSU $45
Seagate 7200.12 $55
Patriot G sector 5 2x2GB DDR3 1333 $100
ASUS DVD burner $24
Raidmax tornado $40

Total price: $594

It will most likely be a bit more expensive in canada though, so you should probably get a HD 5750, and possibly a different motherboard. Just be sure it supports DDR3.

Still with 500w. lol. Aren't you suppose to be helping him build a computer? You do realize that even the top power supply 500w is only going to allow up to 450w max before having a chance to fry everything right? If he is wanting a gaming computer than I'm sure he is going to need more than 500w, 450w usage. Go with at least 600w. Plus everyone else is right the 240 is not a good card at all. Modern gaming your going to need at the minimum Nvidia 6800. Still recommend better though. I hope this helps.

Still with 500w. lol. Aren't you suppose to be helping him build a computer? You do realize that even the top power supply 500w is only going to allow up to 450w max before having a chance to fry everything right? If he is wanting a gaming computer than I'm sure he is going to need more than 500w, 450w usage. Go with at least 600w. Plus everyone else is right the 240 is not a good card at all. Modern gaming your going to need at the minimum Nvidia 6800. Still recommend better though. I hope this helps.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

The GT240 is way better than the 6800, and AMD recommends a 450w minimum PSU for the HD 5770.

Go plug the system I put together into a PSU calculator, and you will see what I mean. 600w is overkill here.

Back
Top Bottom