Any possibility of OC'ing an AGP GFX Card?

PCs_ForTheWin

Baseband Member
i have a nvidia Geforce 6200 256Mb AGP graphics card. and my games dont go as fast as id like. any possibility of more performance or, speeding up game without loss of quality? (its already really low)

Well you could give rivatuner a try, but I doubt you will get enough boost for anything to run on that ancient card.

I suggest buying a newer card, possibly a HD 2600 or similar. They can be had for very cheap nowadays.

tbh I'd just upgrade the card theres nt much point in OCing a crad that old, better ones wont be dare at all nowadays

funny thing is i got this card new like 6 months ago... it was like 30 bucks. is that a bad deal i made? i have no possible income for money so i cant get all of the newest stuff. any possible suggestions?
i have no use for HD. i dont have HD capable monitor.

You could have done better for the price, yeah. Overclocking could be fun though...there's not really any chance of hurting it. Give it a shot!
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

I was actually using an overclocked Geforce2 MX 100 for a while, and got a significant increase in performance.

If you ever decide to upgrade, I think the Radeon 4670 is about as good as you'll get on AGP. It's pretty potent...you can definitely do some gaming on it.

You could have done better for the price, yeah. Overclocking could be fun though...there's not really any chance of hurting it. Give it a shot!
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

I was actually using an overclocked Geforce2 MX 100 for a while, and got a significant increase in performance.

If you ever decide to upgrade, I think the Radeon 4670 is about as good as you'll get on AGP. It's pretty potent...you can definitely do some gaming on it.

I second this, the 4670 is a nice card to run most games on

The 4670 will be significantly bottlenecked by the AGP bus, but yes it will be a good performer.

It is not worth putting that much money into that old a system though. Get a HD 2600 and stop there. Wait until a PCI express system for a better video card.

HD 2600 should run about $40-50 depending on what deals are going on.

Back
Top Bottom