Hexus GTX 480 review *leaked*

Because they overclock the same.

It is the same core, and you flash to the same BIOS, therefore getting the same potential voltages.

Both can hit 1100MHz assuming you have adequate cooling (or you are crazy enough to do it on stock cooling)

The only functional difference is that one SP cluster, which brings the SP count from 1600 to 1440.

Assuming you overclock, there is no situation where the 5% increase is worth the extra 33% cost.

yeah, I haven't even checked them out besides benchmarks because there's no way I'm getting one so I didn't know that it was that much of a price premium for the 5870, wow, 33%...?

wish me luck today, I'm trying to get a 4890 for $110 from someone, got my fingers crossedl...

Who here on the forums has a 5850? I want to have a Showdown (lol for older members - especially you, Worship.) when I get my card. I can do a shootout with a 5870 but I won't have much of a chance.

Wow, what a coincidence, I just ordered my HD 5850 last night! :D
However, for the love of God, the thread will remain clean and free of brand/product/person/moral/political/etc bashing. Straight benchmarks, open to anyone who cares to join. I won't be able to do Vantage, so we may have to leave it to 3DM06, Furmark, and SuperPI. As well as some of the newer ones. Not sure if Unigine is any good. There are a few others.
Yes, and there absolutely needs to be a referee. Someone unbiased, and when he lays down a rule, it's final. I think that's fair.

I think that competition was way too damn slack jawed. Although, I think since the benches show the 5850 beats a GTX470 and I know your Xeon can run about 10.5 calculating 1M, My fastest is 11.016 at 4.25, which is my absolute FSB wall - 500MHz.

I'd still love to bench them out head to head and just see where we compare. Who knows how far the GTX470 can clock, especially since I have a new nifty tool to do it with. Oh, plus I'll have my GTS250 running in the background. Are we going to run benches that do PhysX calculating?

I'd still love to bench them out head to head and just see where we compare. Who knows how far the GTX470 can clock, especially since I have a new nifty tool to do it with. Oh, plus I'll have my GTS250 running in the background. Are we going to run benches that do PhysX calculating?
Yeah sure, except for 3DMark Vantage, that's kind of skewed.
I know your Xeon can run about 10.5 calculating 1M,
I did sub 10 sec :p

Know any other standardized benches that we can use? I know Just Cause 2 has an in game bench, I'd have to buy it though.

Unfortunately, not any that are standardized and freely obtainable.

I'm gonna try to get a hold of someone's Vista HDD so I can run Vantage for a bit. I would really like to do more than Dx9 on a card of such high caliber. Also, I'm limited to 1440x900. I can go upstairs and bench at 1920x1080, also. I'm working on picking up a monitor, but the one I want is 300 and I want it to go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom