Hexus GTX 480 review *leaked*

I barely made the pre-orders. The rep told me EVERY form of the GTX480 was gone in about 7 mins.

Price is very unlikely to drop, and if it does, it will like Foothead said, only be by about 10 dollars. Nvidia has a few pieces of technology that ATi doesn't and they know that's their weight for leverage. They have, and always will charge more.

And no, Dude_56013...I'm like Bill /Clinton/ on whore island.

hm the power consumption on those are crazy id rather have a 5870 more efficent and better performace per watt

Who here on the forums has a 5850? I want to have a Showdown (lol for older members - especially you, Worship.) when I get my card. I can do a shootout with a 5870 but I won't have much of a chance.

However, for the love of God, the thread will remain clean and free of brand/product/person/moral/political/etc bashing. Straight benchmarks, open to anyone who cares to join. I won't be able to do Vantage, so we may have to leave it to 3DM06, Furmark, and SuperPI. As well as some of the newer ones. Not sure if Unigine is any good. There are a few others.

plus, why not overclock the 5870 to increase that edge over the 5850 and make it worth the extra $$...?

Because they overclock the same.

It is the same core, and you flash to the same BIOS, therefore getting the same potential voltages.

Both can hit 1100MHz assuming you have adequate cooling (or you are crazy enough to do it on stock cooling)

The only functional difference is that one SP cluster, which brings the SP count from 1600 to 1440.

Assuming you overclock, there is no situation where the 5% increase is worth the extra 33% cost.

Back
Top Bottom