Health care latest: House debating Republican objections

It would be a democracy because we would still vote who took that seat.
For example, people would vote for the best republican if it was a republican seat and vice versa if it were a democratic seat. We have a constant amount for the president (one) and vice president (one) madam speaker (one). Why not a constant amount for the house and senate?

That makes absolutely no sense. Why should I be required to vote for a Democrat because the only kind of seat that iIm allowed to vote for is a democrat seat? Then I might as well not vote. A true democracy allows for anyone to be voted in, that's why we have the optional write-ins. Quotas and allowance only defeat the purpose the half-hearted public opinion vote system we have.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why should I be required to vote for a Democrat because the only kind of seat that iIm allowed to vote for is a democrat seat? Then I might as well not vote. A true democracy allows for anyone to be voted in, that's why we have the optional write-ins. Quotas and allowance only defeat the purpose the half-hearted public opinion vote system we have.

Exactly. vampist, sorry but your idea is just plain stupid. The number of democrats that are in right now are in because they were voted in. If America (the majority) didn't want them in, they shouldn't have voted them in. That's how voting works. If we did if your way, maybe only 25% of America was Democrat and 75% Republican, regardless, in your system, in congress/senate, half of the seats would be Dems, the other half Republica. That's just plain stupid.

TBH, I could care less about politics. It's so ridiculous.

I don't know.. I think you guys are not seeing what I mean or something, but okay.
I guess the way I thought it would be nice is "the best man for the job" type of thing. If you are republican and you voting for a democratic seat, then you would pick the democrat you like, or at least see some what eye to eye with.

Also Celegorm, you wouldn't have to vote. Just like you don't have to vote in any political poll. You wouldn't be forced to vote democrat, if you choose to vote; then you would be forced to vote for the best man for a democratic seat.

It seems right in my head but maybe I am missing something.. :rolleyes:

I agree the system needs work but I am so friggen sick of this rushing crap through. I wonder when these damn politicians are going to begin to realize yea they may be remaining in office but if things keep going the way they are there will be no office. How long do these idiots think they can keep amassing this debt and things will work themselves out? I wish that instead of passing this stupid health care bill they would start working on cutting the deficit in a real way. They say this bill will cut the deficit but almost 200 billion over the next decade. LOL I wonder if they realize that leaves us pretty much where we are friggen at now anyways because with over 13 trillion dollars in debt you would think the interest is probably more than what we just "saved" over 10 years.

With as many unhappy people we have in this damn country you think something would be done but after all the complaining is done everyone just friggen accepts what happened and goes on to the next thing to complain about. If more people would make educated decisions when voting and paying more attention to the candidates after time things may start getting better but too many people fall into the small promises made during election times and don't really pay attention to the candidates histories. It has now gotten to the point though that there is no candidates worth a damn because all the politicians are only out for themselves. Maybe once the other countries funding us start cutting off the money train maybe these idiots will realize hey maybe me being in office isn't going to make a difference if our country isn't worth a damn anymore. I mean seriously our national debt is over 65% of our GDP. I wonder if they are going to do anything before we get back to the Lovely 90+% we saw during WWII. Im guessing these people could care less. They just blame it all on the ones who came before them and lie to keep their seats.

Back
Top Bottom