Replacing a backlight in a laptop

.. I already got the backlight and it should be comming in soon.
The backlight was 7.00$ with shipping and handling so I didn't spend too much at all. So you guys think it would be the inverter?? How would I go about switching that..

Since i already ordered the backlight and it should be comming in soon, I'm going to go ahead and do taht first. If anyone knows some good tutorials then please share them with me. For now, I'm just going to google on how to do it .

The laptop I am working with is an Acer Extensa 4420

Edit: laptop is Acer Extensa EX4420-5239

You are most likely wasting your time and effort. I have seen the inverter go out countless times in laptops. I have seen the backlight itself go out once, in a ten year old LCD panel that had never been turned off.

Test the inverter before you screw up your laptop please.

With a multimeter, as I mentioned before. Since it seems that it could just be a wiring problem, test continuity first on each cable, while moving the screen around. If it dips on one of the wires, replace that wire and you should be set.

Hope your soldering skills are up to par! I replaced a backlight before and it was a pain. If the backlight is truly bad, I would personally spend the extra 20 bucks and get the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom