Please help!

ohhellohehe

Beta member
I have no idea if this is the right place to put this, but I need serious help.
I did something really friggen stupid.
I couldn't install something, so I googled some kinda crap, and it messed up my laptop.
This is what I did...

I went to run, and typed in msconfig, then I went to boot, and then advanced options. Then on Maximum mem, I put in 256. The original was 1536. I though it'll help me install my stuff afterwards, but it only made my laptop SLOWER!!!! I have no clue what I did. Please help me. I tried putting 1536 back into the Maximum mem box, but it just goes back to 256. I even tried system restore to go back on what I did and all, but it didn't work. I had to create a restore point, but it was so damn slow that it didn't even create a restore point! Please help me. Thanks a bunch!

Go back under MSconfig, to the Boot.ini tab, and under advanced options, uncheck max mem. Click "OK" then click "Apply", then click "OK". It will ask you to restart your computer to apply the changes. Proceed to restart and check the performance.

If this does not solve your problem, put in 1,534 instead of 1,536. Click "OK" then "Apply" then click "OK" again. As before, it will ask you to restart to apply the changes. Proceed to restart and check your performance.

Back
Top Bottom