vs
Windows 7 Home
vs
Windows 7 Home Premium
vs
Windows 7 Professional
vs
Windows 7 Ultimate

Which one would be the fastest OS for a computer with 2.3 GHz and 2 GB of ram... Does it matter/??
Will the windows 7 Ultimate perform slower than the Windows 7 Home Basic??
Also, concerning the x32 or x64 or x86 , would choosing one or the other affect the speed of the computer???

Thanks

choosing which bit wont differ in performance if youve got the correct amount of ram needed for each bit. 32bit = anything below 4gb, 64bit=4gb above

as for the rest im not sure and wouldnt be able to give an accurate enough answer

so the computer's speed would decrease if I were to say, install x64 with a computer wiht 2GB of ram?

Not really, but if you don't have more than 4 gigs of ram or plan on upgrading to more than 4 gigs there is really no point.

so one more question..
One or the other (Ultimate or home , etc.) won't slow down my computer in any way?

In other words, my computer performance won't change due to the type of windows 7 i choose to install?

Ultimate is more bloated, and it costs more for features that 95% of people will not use.

Home premium is typically the way to go.

Agreed.

Ultimate add business features to the home edition like the ability to join a domain (which is in professional but not home premium), Unix support (which home users never touch) and a few other network security things that really only work on large corporate domains.

With out trying to sounds like a dick, if you don't know anything about what I just mentioned, then Ultimate isn't worth your money.

I would recommend Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Does everything you need and well. I still would recommend you upgrade your memory.

yeah.. the thing is i'm getting the OS for free regardless...

If it doesn't slow my computer down, I think I'm going to go for Ultimate.. I take it that it takes more HD space though

Back
Top Bottom