Hexus GTX 480 review *leaked*

I believe he's trying to sum up what you said.

meh, people buy what they want, GoH isn't stupid, he may be a fanboy (no offense) but he's one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, so he likes NVIDIA, it's great imo, if he and every other NVIDIA buyer went ATI then we would all suffer because ATI would have a damn monopoly and the prices wouldn't be the same as they are now guaranteed...

if I were in his shoes though I would definitely have gotten the 5870, cheaper, cooler and less power hungry, but to each his own, especially when it's their own money, no...?

It's official! Grant throws away money like Bill Gates on Whore Island!

:D hehehe...only kidding. But really.

He said he is only buying the 470 because of his SLI board.
This.
meh, people buy what they want, GoH isn't stupid, he may be a fanboy (no offense) but he's one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, so he likes NVIDIA, it's great imo, if he and every other NVIDIA buyer went ATI then we would all suffer because ATI would have a damn monopoly and the prices wouldn't be the same as they are now guaranteed...

if I were in his shoes though I would definitely have gotten the 5870, cheaper, cooler and less power hungry, but to each his own, especially when it's their own money, no...?
Yup, that about sums it up actually. These new Nvidia cards aren't the total failure that every ATi fanboy wants to make them seem, as well. They have pros and cons just like the ATi cards, but I feel the cons outweight the pros in this case, especially when compared to ATi's offerings. But that's just my opinion, and because I know my little 550 watt power supply would just crap it's self if I put one of those cards in :p

View Post
You're not making sense. :|
Elaborate.

You immediately became defensive about your purchase, instead of just laughing it off. I wasn't ever trying to draw you into an argument, hence the smilies.

He said he is only buying the 470 because of his SLI board.

If that was directed at me, my sarcastic post was made because I find it funny that he's buying the FIRST LOT of GPUs. Not gunna wait til the price goes down....or anything like that.

I don't think I'd ever be able to buy fresh meat that hits the computer market. Too expensive. Why do some people have to have the best right now when they can have the almost-best for WAY cheaper in a few months? That is what I don't get, and was the nature of my post. Haha.

If that was directed at me, my sarcastic post was made because I find it funny that he's buying the FIRST LOT of GPUs. Not gunna wait til the price goes down....or anything like that.

I don't think I'd ever be able to buy fresh meat that hits the computer market. Too expensive. Why do some people have to have the best right now when they can have the almost-best for WAY cheaper in a few months? That is what I don't get, and was the nature of my post. Haha.

In some cases (like this) you will wait quite a while before it comes down at all, and when it does, it will only be by like $10.

Not really worth waiting.

Back
Top Bottom