First 4G phone (HTC EVO) quite impressive!

Rather than copy all the spec's over I just took a screen shot. This phone is supposed to be launched this summer. HD Video, 8Mp camera, 4.3" screen! I can't wait to see some demo's of this phone because this has the potential to be a killer phone. Some other tech spec's not in the picture are HDMI output, 1GB of built-in memory and 512MB of RAM!!!

SprintEVO.jpg

Nice, though next time I buy a phone I would really like a hard keyboard.

I love HTC phones though. always wanted one but could never afford it.

I had a HTC 8925 for about 6 months and wasn't impressed at all with it. Most of the HTC phones have had great spec's but run Windows Mobile and they were just awful. The thing that intrigues me about this is that it's running Android and not Windows Mobile.

My contract with At&t is up in May so I'm anxious to see what Apple has in store for the next iPhone. If it's not something amazing this phone is looking like a viable contender. Assuming that I can get a GSM version :D

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1021129 said:
My contract with At&t is up in May so I'm anxious to see what Apple has in store for the next iPhone. If it's not something amazing this phone is looking like a viable contender. Assuming that I can get a GSM version :D

Nexus one.

The iPhone is really cool and all (I have one) but it is really restrictive for us geeks who want to do crazy, pointless stuff on our phones.

the nexus supports HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and basically has the same hardware specs as the phone in the OP.

Full specs here. http://www.google.com/phone/static/en_US-nexusone_tech_specs.html

I really want this phone.

Nexus one.

The iPhone is really cool and all (I have one) but it is really restrictive for us geeks who want to do crazy, pointless stuff on our phones.

I agree and in all honesty I'm starting to get bored with it. It's lasted longer than any other phone that I've had but if there isn't some really major upgrades this time around I'll be looking elsewhere. I do like the ability to play and tweak them too but after a little while you get everything set the way you like it and it just becomes another phone.

I'll admit it's so much nicer being able to drag and drop anything you want onto the phone without uploading it to iTunes first. I've never used Android OS before but I'm assuming it supports drag and drop similar to WM.

Here is a pretty impressive video of some of the features in action. This is the best video I've seen so far of the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNDQGYVDk4

It has the exact same interface as the motorola droid then.

You really do not want that interface, it is annoying like you cannot imagine. My cousin has the Droid. Good thing the phone is running Android and you can customize it.

It really doesn't have anything too impressive in that vid though. Just basic features that pretty much any old android phone will have. It still looks pretty impressive, but so do most touchscreen phones when you really know the interface and go through them fast like that.

I doubt they will make that exact phone on GSM since 4G is its biggest attraction. HTC will most likely have a similar GSM phone though. Expect it to cost a fortune though. I really think the nexus one is the best buy phone on the market right now. $529 with no contract, like $129 with a contract, and I don't think there is anything as powerful as it is.

wow! now that's what you call a true mobile :p htc are always too expensive for a mobile in my eyes but this is just epic

i cant even imagine the price of that monster

Back
Top Bottom