Health care latest: House debating Republican objections

I really wish this didn't get half assed. Seriously, I think they should have just adopted canada's system, or the one in lot of European countries and called it done. Do it right or don't bother.

Trust me, you do not want the US to adopt Canada's system. It takes weeks to get an appointment there because the doctors get very little pay and there are too few of them, and people go to the doctor for stupid reasons because the bill is on taxpayers, not them, so if you have the flu or something, it's either tough it out or go to emergency.

At least this is what I have heard, and there is some major evidence of it, when you consider that up near the border, a lot of Canadians will come into the US and pay full price for US healthcare so they do not have to wait. I worry that this might happen in the near future.

^^ That's because the bill was passed by various committees and the only people who actually took the time to read it all were interest groups. Assuming it reflects the "interests" accurately, this bill should put us in a better situation. Let's just hope the Republicans don't mess up (aka do anything to complicate it from passing the house and the senate) the Reconciliation Bill, then all but Nebraska will be in "trouble".

It would have been interesting to see the vote turnout on this bill had it not been passed on election year. To be honest, it wouldn't be surprising to see a few democrats and a few republicans voting against their party.

This is why it's important to view things for yourself, but it's a HUGE document. There are always "summaries" but each one of those is biased, whether the author admits so or not. Everyone wants the bill to seem bad or good based on their position. I haven't read it and therefore can't argue on it with any backup knowledge. I'm all for the idea of helping those in need, but they sure as hell should have to meet us (those helping) halfway. It's like welfare, I don't mind it at all. But it pisses me off when I hear about people living off of welfare (a couple living together and collecting separate welfare checks to run their family) and not even attempting to get a job. Everything good can be taken advantage of and turned into something bad.

haha you don't know the half of the welfare situation in Louisiana.

Basically this is how it works. Welfare was implemented with good intentions. Help out single women who have children and no job. This is what it has turned into. A business. If you go into extremely low-class areas of New Orleans for example, the way it works is, as soon as girls are old enough to have children, they will get with as many men as possible in an attempt to have a child. This is happening as young as 14 or 15 now. They will have the baby, then as soon as they can, move on to have another. and another. and another. They get more money for each child they have, and as long as there is no father in the picture they continue to get their money. This has been going on for generations now.

All welfare does is promote broken families.

And it's the reason that our sales tax is 9%. 9%!!! That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Trust me, you do not want the US to adopt Canada's system. It takes weeks to get an appointment there because the doctors get very little pay and there are too few of them, and people go to the doctor for stupid reasons because the bill is on taxpayers, not them, so if you have the flu or something, it's either tough it out or go to emergency.

At least this is what I have heard, and there is some major evidence of it, when you consider that up near the border, a lot of Canadians will come into the US and pay full price for US healthcare so they do not have to wait. I worry that this might happen in the near future.
From what I here, it's because the US pays doctors a TON more. So it wouldn't be such a problem if we adopted that here. And it's not such a problem there anymore, it was 10 years ago, but it's gotten a lot better.

And a negative difference for the ones who don't like it?

What about the people who are already struggling? I'm sure they can't be worse off then they currently are.

That's the thing about politicians. They never really go for what the people they represent want, they go for whatever they think will keep them in office the longest.

Uh, yeah. Have you watched the news lately? Many are knowingly sacrificing their next term in order to get this bill passed.

The democrats with hard to acquire districts voted against the bill. This way their track record wasn't bad in that district. They also had the approval of the democratic party, to keep in-party things straight also.

Can someone fill me in on the public option? (included or not) I heard it was included in the bill that passed the senate.

No public option. You have to have it. But part of it is that companies have to insure their employees, all of them, which is stupid. It's costing John Deere something like 150 million, which is about 15% of it's profit... Meaning, prices are going to go up a bit. My friend's dad owns a restaurant, and he now has to insure most of his workers. Very bad time for a reform like this.

Back
Top Bottom