Downgrade Windows 7 to XP good or bad?

wow you failed a+ 101 got a comptia cert book sitting right next to me telling a diff story than anything you morons say so i think i will go by what that says and that change bootloader is not true if you install xp second it will wipe out win 7 bootloader but hey follow these guys instructions and you will just make things worse and nothing will work for you.

you gibson douche i just want to point out that i said usb2.0 is fast that scsi anyway i didnt say sas i said scsi whats faster 350mbps or 450mbps i dont know i always thought that 450 was faster but whatever you say dude. If we are going to have little 14 and 16 years thinking they know it all i am done with this site cause you sure as hell dont far from it yall might know your hardware but you sure as hell do not know enough to even think about making it in the real world so go back to your hardware hobby and leave the real stuff to the men

wow you failed a+ 101 got a comptia cert book sitting right next to me telling a diff story than anything you morons say so i think i will go by what that says and that change bootloader is not true if you install xp second it will wipe out win 7 bootloader but hey follow these guys instructions and you will just make things worse and nothing will work for you.

you gibson douche i just want to point out that i said usb2.0 is fast that scsi anyway i didnt say sas i said scsi whats faster 350mbps or 450mbps i dont know i always thought that 450 was faster but whatever you say dude. If we are going to have little 14 and 16 years thinking they know it all i am done with this site cause you sure as hell dont far from it yall might know your hardware but you sure as hell do not know enough to even think about making it in the real world so go back to your hardware hobby and leave the real stuff to the men
You simply reinstall the bootloader, and set it so that Win7's bootloader comes first. This is as easy as putting your installation disk in and clicking repair.

I honestly can not understand what that first sentence says. Also, it's amusing that you assume I am either 14 or 16 years old. Especially since you type as if you're illiterate. Have you ever heard of something called a "period"? Because A.) I think you're experiencing one, and B.) You should use them more often to make your posts legible.

Learn to read homo obviously you have never dual boot anything. OLDER OS goes first. If i recall xp is older than 7 therefore it GOES first. But you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground so i am done bothering with you, i sure as hell wouldnt get any advise from your dumbass

Learn to read homo obviously you have never dual boot anything. OLDER OS goes first. If i recall xp is older than 7 therefore it GOES first. But you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground so i am done bothering with you, i sure as hell wouldnt get any advise from your dumbass

Actually, I'm tribooting XP, Vista, and 7 at the moment. You can install in any order you like, as long as you restore the bootloaders after you are done. And since this seems to have been reduced to a name calling contest, I'm finished posting. I really doubt this is helping the OP anyhow.

I had no idea someone that claims to be so, *cough*, smart, can make 600 spelling mistakes in a single thread.

Try to reach 1000 before you get banned. ;)

usb 2.0 is faster than scsi and firewire 1394

failure

firewire 1394 is 400mbps and 1394b is 800mbps so therefore usb2.0 is faster than firewire.usb3.0 is 5gbps

Your posts speak for themselves.

Let's set something straight though. SAS is SCSI, the newest iteration of it. If you do not consider SAS to be SCSI, then is ULTRA320 not SCSI because it has a different name? SAS merely refers to the bus, while SCSI refers to the interface.

IEEE 1394b is an amendment to the IEEE 1394 standard. It can properly be referred to as IEEE1394, but often isn't for compatibility reasons.

Might wanna get your facts straight before you start flaming people.

Yes you can install XP after W7, then reinstall the bootloader from W7 to have it work. You can also use a third party bootloader, such as GNU GRUB to achieve the same thing, though I do not know if it is possible to install this without an ext3 formatted partition on the drive. This is the way I do it personally because I like to have operating systems besides Windows on my system, but each to his own.

If we are going to have little 14 and 16 years thinking they know it all i am done with this site cause you sure as hell dont far from it yall might know your hardware but you sure as hell do not know enough to even think about making it in the real world so go back to your hardware hobby and leave the real stuff to the men

By the way, I am 16, and I just owned you with my knowledge of these things, and no I am not A+ certified, learned it all on my own.

You might want to rethink saying things such as this next time, before you make a complete idiot of yourself.

I think it's time for me to step in here, sorry I didn't see this earlier.

frank2085 has been banned for him outbreak here. Given two weeks since his original posts were decent. But I do want to contradict him a few times in the post #21 in this thread.

1) I'm 19, not just some young no-it-all teenager.
2) I am A+ certified and got my certification when I was just 16.
3) I've worked in the field fixing computers as a job for 4 years
4) He was pulling all the stuff he claimed to be from an A+ book out of his butt. The only thing USB 2.0 is faster than is a 10/100 network drive, but at times that can just be in theory and not field results.

Now back to help the OP.
i would instal XP on a external but can you
boot a secondary drive (not slave drive)
from a usb?
im sure i could change it in bios.
but the bios checks for all connectors upon
booting up. im a little skeptical
of that. plus usb can be rather slow
and im looking for quick ness.
i could install a fire wire?? haha

Booting from an external of any kind varies by computer. My school-issued HP 8510w (which was $4000 at the time it released) only allows me to boot from USB cd drives while the next model up allows for flash drive boots and USB externals.

Firewire is going have the same odds. I have yet to see a system that didn't allow firewire boot when USB HDD booting was allowed.

I'm going to go back to what Atomic Rooster asked as well. Have you looked into driver support xp on that laptop to ensure it has all the needed drivers? And what version of 7 are you running? The professional and the Ultimate versions have the option for a free XP virtual machine (called XP mode) that you might find useful.

^^True. I had completly forgotten about that. Although, reliable eSata cards on PCMCIA are not always the cheapest thing on earth.

well no i havent checked on compatibility yet.
ive come to the harsh reality that i should just play
games on my desktop
and just run linux on my notebook
thanks for all the hlep guys. and sorry goes out to frank
and everyone else. didnt mean for anyone to get banned..

Back
Top Bottom