Hexus GTX 480 review *leaked*

Lulz at Grantofhell trying to defend himself against the barrage of logical criticism. :p

I'll help! :D

From the review Wolvarine posted:
"Starting from the bottom up, we would say the least relevant video card is the GeForce GTX 470. In all our gameplay testing today, not once did the GeForce GTX 470 provide a superior gameplay experience compared to the Radeon HD 5850, even in Metro 2033. In fact, performance was very close between both video cards, and in some cases the Radeon HD 5850 proved to provide faster framerates. Looking strictly at performance, these video cards are equal.

Of course, we have to look beyond just performance, as metrics such as cost and power consumption come into play. The GeForce GTX 470 is more expensive than the Radeon HD 5850. We are seeing some great deals on Radeon HD 5850 cards starting to crop up, and the fact is that the Radeon 5850 can be purchased with a lot less of your cold hard cash. Looking at power, the GeForce GTX 470 consumes a good bit more power than the Radeon HD 5850, while also producing higher thermals.

The HD 5850 is the clear value winner when compared to the GTX 470. We have been telling you that the Radeon 5850 is the best value in enthusiast video cards since last year and the GTX 470 does nothing to change that."

Defend myself? If I wanted a card that was faster, and cheaper, then I'm sure I could have gone and bought an ATi card. But because buying multiple ATi cards on a 790i doesn't do me much good, I went ahead and stuck with Nvidia. I really don't have to defend my reasoning. I got what I wanted and I will be happy in a few weeks.

Defend myself? If I wanted a card that was faster, and cheaper, then I'm sure I could have gone and bought an ATi card. But because buying multiple ATi cards on a 790i doesn't do me much good, I went ahead and stuck with Nvidia. I really don't have to defend my reasoning. I got what I wanted and I will be happy in a few weeks.

but OH NOES, NOTASHAPPYASYOUCOULD'VEBEEN!11!1!1!1!1!!onE!!1!1!1!1!!!!

;)

With what? I would have spent more than I wanted to on a GTX480. The 470 is perfect for what I want.

but OH NOES, NOTASHAPPYASYOUCOULD'VEBEEN!11!1!1!1!1!!onE!!1!1!1!1!!!!

;)

meh, I don't care about much of this, I'm content with what I have and haven't really gamed much lately, and when I do I play and old game so the latest and greatest is irrelevant in my situation as I get 40+ FPS while recording in FRAPS anyway...

I brought my cpu voltage down quite a bit and only lost 200MHz in the process by dropping the multi to 8 and picking up a set of 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 MHz Gamer and Enthusiast Memory for $50 on Craigslist, it's only running at 1400MHz but my board won't support much more IIRC, I'm happy about that (3.0GHz ---> 2.8GHz @ 1.3375v instead of 1.4v)

:D

Way to stick to your guns :D

I definitely see where you're coming from on this. I got in the same situation with my motherboard, which only supports CrossFire. I wanted to get another GTS250, and then get dual 5850's when the price came down and I had some more cash. That didn't happen though :p

Also, if you're big on Cuda and PhysX, these would be nice to have. That's part of the reason that I got a GTS250 over the 4850 anyhow.

With what? I would have spent more than I wanted to on a GTX480. The 470 is perfect for what I want.

Desired affect achieved! :cool:

You're too easy ;)

Back
Top Bottom