Photos of retail GTX 470, GTX 480 leaked

idk, maybe i did have it say 30fps? idr... my bad if i did.
ment 60 because it would match refresh rate of a digital tv.

That is a gorgeous card, However it seems as soon as I dump several hundred bucks they have something new out. Right now my 280 does everything I ask of it. Next upgrade I do will be Nvidias DX11 lineup in GPU's, which is the 400 series???

Next upgrade I do will be Nvidias DX11 lineup in GPU's, which is the 400 series???

Correct, but you might want to consider ATI's new cards. All we have as far as pricing are rumors, but it seems that nVIDIA will have to charge quite a bit for their cards because of the extreme yield issues they were/are having with these GPUs. That is the real reason the release date has been pushed back so much.

The best example of ATI vs. nVIDIA in the price/performance game is definitely the GTX 280/285. Sure it's an amazing card, but ATI beat it by significant amounts with the HD 4890 and 4850 x2, which were both priced cheaper.

If you want it for folding, keep in mind that the GPU3 client will add openCL support, which HD 5xxx cards have, so they should finally be able to perform well.

^ Preorder. Newegg isn't able to actually ship your card until 12/4.

They sold out in 5 minutes. lol I think there were maybe 50 of these preorder slots open.

Back
Top Bottom