Hexus GTX 480 review *leaked*

Hexus have used the latest drivers for all cards so their review is trustworthy.

Does that mean the new beta drivers for Nvidia? The latest non-beta are from January and quite slow compared to the beta driver.

{Edit} Scratch that the beta's were made official on Thursday. So these may or may not be with the new drivers....

Holy hell, why would anyone buy this? If these charts are true, you would need a dedicated powersupply for these things. It says it supports tri SLI, that would be over 1Kw of power for video cards alone!

The ATi options right now pretty much rape this card in my opinion. I used to be all about Nvidia, but they just don't hold a candle to the HD58XX series. Not to mention they have crazy high temperatures...

Does that mean the new beta drivers for Nvidia? The latest non-beta are from January and quite slow compared to the beta driver.
Yep, they are. You can be damn sure Nvidia requested for them to be tested with the latest drivers.
Holy hell, why would anyone buy this?
GrantOfHell :p

I suppose that still doesn't answer your question though.

Damn right. My Fermi gets here on the 13th of next month. First lot off the line.

EDIT: good call on that, lol. I'm not diehard Nvidia, but I bought an SLI board, might as well take up the feature. They'll be liquid cooled when the blocks hit the market, so heat certainly isn't an issue.

Yeah, I really don't want to create another loop. But I'm either gonna add one of three things:

• Another medium pump, and another 2x120 DD rad
  • Just a medium pump
  • Just a second 2x120 DD rad

:| Either way, my pump simply can not handle a rad, cpu, NB-SB, and GPU and still keep up. The head pressure is just too low. But I don't want to buy another one. Kind of a pickle. And I REALLY don't want to add another loop. Too costly.

Damn right. My Fermi gets here on the 13th of next month. First lot off the line.

EDIT: good call on that, lol. I'm not diehard Nvidia, but I bought an SLI board, might as well take up the feature. They'll be liquid cooled when the blocks hit the market, so heat certainly isn't an issue.

do you play DiRT 2 at 1680x1050 or 1920x1080...? because that's the only game I've seen where it beat the 5970, hell, in the same game but at 2560x1600 the 5970 pulls ahead also...

wow, NVIDIA could be in trouble, especially considering they charge an arm and a leg for this thing, times have changed, they need to realize that and when the ATI refresh comes in a few months they'll fall even farther behind...

but this is no surprise really, when you're top dog and become complacent thinking you can just keep the status quo and rebadge cards while your competitor is actually improving their technology you are bound to be caught and surpassed at some point...

woe unto NVIDIA...

do you play DiRT 2 at 1680x1050 or 1920x1080...? because that's the only game I've seen where it beat the 5970, hell, in the same game but at 2560x1600 the 5970 pulls ahead also...

No and no. Also, you're comparision is irrelevant, in the assumption that I was buying a GTX480. I'm buying a GTX470 ;D.

Besides, the GTX480 costs 500, the 5970 can cost up to 700. Single GPU, versus dual GPU.

Look, I'm not completely behind Nvidia. But I don't think this turned into the absolutely failure launch everyone wants to make it look like.

Back
Top Bottom