Downgrade Windows 7 to XP good or bad?

People said the same thing about XP, lol.

You know, underneath, they're actually the same thing. 7 is more refined for sure but they're constructed off of the same Windows NT build. Win7 is to Vista as Windows ME was to Win98, though obviously the difference is that 7 actually works.

I say downgrade to XP on a dif. partition and dual boot. If you don't like it you can easily go back.

gotta have xp installed first in order to dual boot older version first always, if you already have 7 on first you will have to go out and get some programs to do it pain in the but

One thing to consider before installing XP is driver support. Are there any drivers available for that laptop that are XP compatible?

i would instal XP on a external but can you
boot a secondary drive (not slave drive)
from a usb?
im sure i could change it in bios.
but the bios checks for all connectors upon
booting up. im a little skeptical
of that. plus usb can be rather slow
and im looking for quick ness.
i could install a fire wire?? haha

usb 2.0 is faster than scsi and firewire 1394

Failure.

SAS (serial attached SCSI) is currently 6Gbps, and firewire is 800Mbps.

On a standard onboard usb controller, USB 2.0 maxxes at 120 Mbps (theoretical) except with broadcom southbridges, where the max theoretical transfer rate is 180Mbps. The most you will get in practice is around 30-40Mbps before the drive is bottlenecked by the bus.

failure

firewire 1394 is 400mbps and 1394b is 800mbps so therefore usb2.0 is faster than firewire. usb3.0 is 5gbps

gotta have xp installed first in order to dual boot older version first always, if you already have 7 on first you will have to go out and get some programs to do it pain in the but

Not really. Install XP, change bootloader, done.

failure

firewire 1394 is 400mbps and 1394b is 800mbps so therefore usb2.0 is faster than firewire. usb3.0 is 5gbps
:rolleyes:
Sir, you have a disturbingly common condition called "Chronic Stupidity". Please stop posting at this time. That is exactly what he said, but you also said that USB 2.0 was faster than SCSI. Which it certainly is not. USB 3.0 was not mentioned anywhere, so that part of your argument is totally useless.

Back
Top Bottom