Random Chit Chat

I need input people. Place a pre-order for a GTX470 now and buy another later, or just wait until 4/12 and REALLY press my luck with trying to get a GTX480...

Doing that will allow you to get your memory higher without breaking the FSB straps.
You won't ever really hit a wall with volts. I only did that once and that was on my 680i with the P4HT 630. 4.459GHz at 1.8 in BIOS, 1.71 after vOffset.

1.8 for the FSB or CPU? That seems really high though.
How would you suggest me in OC'ing? I was told that 1.2v for the FSB was too high enough, any higher and it will risk damages.

I need input people. Place a pre-order for a GTX470 now and buy another later, or just wait until 4/12 and REALLY press my luck with trying to get a GTX480...

Got any benches?

Is there a specific reason why you need an nVIDIA card? I say HD 5870.

His SLI capable motherboard.

Got any benches?

His SLI capable motherboard.

There is one site that benched the 470 and 480, I will see if I can find it.

Is there really ny need to SLI these cards for a single monitor resolution? Jeez, that is some major overkill.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...iews/30321-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470-review.html GTX 470

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...iews/30297-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480-review.html GTX 480

Not the same one I saw earlier but it will work. I would personally get a 5850 and OC the hell out of it. They hit ~900 core on stock voltage, 1000 can be achieved with 1.225v.

Teny is right, though. It's an SLI motherboard, I'm just not gonna buy an ATi card. I still really want to go with 3D and some 28 or 30's. But money is exactly flowing like water, so I gotta take it slow.

1.8 volts in BIOS to the CPU is a whole lot. Most new (45nm's) can't go past 1.45-1.5 without taking a serious hit. 1.5 is the highest I've ever gone on my FSB. I tend not to like to go past 1.4. Unfortunately, this board only supports increments of .1 though I would have much prefer .01 or .05 increments.

Assassin's Creed II is starting to get repetitive, gonna play another game instead. Anybody know if BF Bad Company 2 is worth getting on the PS3?

I never went past 1.2v except when I accidentally had it on auto. I think that's what stopping me from going past 3.1Ghz.
I would go with the 470, seems like it's better. I didn't really see much benches, and not sure if I found the right prices, but it seems like the 480 cost almost twice as much and only give you about 20 FPS increases (only looked at 2 games).

^I agree. 2x 470 is a better deal if you have enough power, and can deal with the heat. You can also run three monitors, since nVIDIA half-assed their equivalent of eyefinity. I guess they didn't want t have to put three RAMDACs on the card. Still, disappointing. I was considering one for my triple monitors, since I don't like my games looking like Quake or Doom II.

I got a $50 check from my aunt for fixing her Dell with a dying hard drive. I had said I didn't need her to pay me, so she mails me a check. Okay then...

I want to know too, and where. If that's the kind of people that get promoted where you work I don't want to work there.
I'm currently on disability leave. Some guy quit and they want me to replace him because I'm really meticulous and OCD about my work.

I work for an environmental company as a technician.

Back
Top Bottom