Feedback.

Well i actually had a 9800 on my last rig, it did not really have a problem running any game on high. But.. if its pretty much the same thing as a 9800 i might as well find another one.

Question, when buying a graphics card. I see DDR3 and GDDR3. Used in different cards. I probabley should just look it up.. but does that mean the same thing or should i make sure if its DDR3 or GDDR3?

the 5830 is pratically the same as 5850 but cheaper so i'd go with that one

Hmm yes, looking up new case now.

microATX was explicitly designed to be backward-compatible with ATX. The mounting points of microATX motherboards are a subset of those used on full-size ATX boards, and the I/O panel is identical. Thus, microATX motherboards can be used in full-size ATX cases. Furthermore, most microATX motherboards generally use the same power connectors as ATX motherboards,[6] thus permitting the use of full-size ATX power supplies with microATX boards.

I lready knew that it's just i didnt realise it said microatx and I couldnt quite see the screw holes in the case very clear

Well i actually had a 9800 on my last rig, it did not really have a problem running any game on high. But.. if its pretty much the same thing as a 9800 i might as well find another one.

Question, when buying a graphics card. I see DDR3 and GDDR3. Used in different cards. I probabley should just look it up.. but does that mean the same thing or should i make sure if its DDR3 or GDDR3?

GDDR3 is just DDR3 graphics card memory.

Seriously consider a HD5830 or higher for gaming.

Well when it comes to the Graphics card you are choosing you really need to specify the games you plan on playing and the resolution which you are playing em at. You will need a pretty strong graphics card if you are playing crisis maxed on a high resolution monitor but if you are playing counterstrike source on a 17" monitor its a whole different story. Also you need to think about how long you plan on using the graphics card without upgrading. The card you selected will be fine for playing games that aren't extremely graphically intensive. But you stated:
Pretty much gaming. Maxed graphics on all.
Which also again will depend on what your monitor is able to handle because maxed is different with 1440x900 vs. 1650x1080 vs. 1920x1080

GDDR3 is just DDR3 graphics card memory.

Seriously consider a HD5830 or higher for gaming.

why a 5830? my 5770 works perfect with every games ive tested on full with 1920x1080 with 60fps average (apart from 25-30fps on the first Crysis cos its crapply optimised), I'd only get a 5830 - 5870 in about 2 years time

Back
Top Bottom