Feedback.

rx7marsh

Solid State Member
Hey guys new here, was just curious if anyone could tell me if all of these components are compatible together. And any other feedback is appreciated.

Modtek Alien-X Case
Xoxide.com

CPU
(Quad-Core) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit-

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L Intel G41 Chipset LGA775 DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/5.1 Audio, GbLan, USB2.0, SATA, 1Gen2 PCIe, 1PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

Memory
4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module Kingston HyperX

GPU
GIGABYTE GV-N250-1GI GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Power Supply
600 Watts

Hard Drive
320 Gigs

Optical Drive
LG 22XDVD Dual Layer Drive

Operating System
Windows 7

Well after doing a rough estimate im thinking about 800 or so roughly after everything. I've only heard great things about DDR3, so figured i'd go from a core2duo and upgrade a little bit. Pretty nice system you got there, there any cons you notice about my configuration?

unfortunately your case doesnt support matx and your mobo is matx

just to comfirm it is this case right? I just searched the name ( http://www.xoxide.com/xoxide-alien-x-case.html
yhst-39083765508394_2099_47898526

Hmm yes, looking up new case now.

microATX was explicitly designed to be backward-compatible with ATX. The mounting points of microATX motherboards are a subset of those used on full-size ATX boards, and the I/O panel is identical. Thus, microATX motherboards can be used in full-size ATX cases. Furthermore, most microATX motherboards generally use the same power connectors as ATX motherboards,[6] thus permitting the use of full-size ATX power supplies with microATX boards.

Well after doing a rough estimate im thinking about 800 or so roughly after everything. I've only heard great things about DDR3, so figured i'd go from a core2duo and upgrade a little bit. Pretty nice system you got there, there any cons you notice about my configuration?

Ok. I think there may be a few suggestions from others for a different CPU/Motherboard for that price. Maybe i5/P55 combination? Also i'm not sure that the motherboard will hit 1600Mhz RAM speeds?

Thanks for the kudos. It will be a nice set up when I upgrade the GPU.

:D

unfortunately your case doesnt support matx and your mobo is matx

I've had a look at the inside of this case and looking at the position of the screw holes for the stand-offs it does support mATX

Mind my nubishness, great knowledge of computers and anything gaming. First time buying/building own computer heh. Is that response about MATX correct?

So are you saying i should upgrade the motherboard to support 1600 MHz? Just curious. I just want something that'll last a couple years heh.

Mind my nubishness, great knowledge of computers and anything gaming. First time buying/building own computer heh. Is that response about MATX correct?

So are you saying i should upgrade the motherboard to support 1600 MHz? Just curious. I just want something that'll last a couple years heh.

What you gonna do on this rig?

Also you might consider a high end AMD rig. It all depends on what you plan to do with this machine.

With regards to the mATX? That case you chose will accept mATX motherboards and 1600Mhz RAM is great for video editing/audio production tasks. This is where high RAM speeds matter.

Ok.

You need 1600Mhz RAM with a AMD 955/Intel i7 CPU and spend as much on a decent GPU. HD5830?

A few here will say go for the AMD for gaming but I personally don't think it matters. There's others here that know more about GPU's than me so they can recommend you one. But the emphasis here is on the GPU.

-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition CPU
-Asus Crosshair III Formula Motherboard
-3GB (3x1GB) Corsair Dominator, DDR3 PC3-12800(1600), CAS 7-8-7-20, XMP RAM
-ATI HD 5830 (or higher) Graphics card

For Intel i'd go with an i7/X58 set up, they're more future proof compared to the i5 rigs but the Intel will cost a little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom