My computer won't POST.

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So I switched my case, and added a couple of fans. I turn it on, and it won't POST. Any guesses?

EDIT - All the fans spin BTW.

EDIT2 - Tried taking all my drives out, nothing.

EDIT3 - Cleared CMOS, nothing.

EDIT4 - Unlplugged the cord, pressed power for 30 sec, nothing.

EDIT5 - Tried using my other 8800GT, nothing.

EDIT6 - Tried reseating my RAM, nothing.

make sure your 24pin and 4pin is pushed in all the way, make sure your jumpers are right, and the mobo to front panel connections are right.

Try running it with the bare minimum components. No graphics card, no drives, only use 1 stick of memory and then try swamping the memory stick. Make sure everything is plugged in securely and is plugged in. I guess the next step would be to try another PSU.

make sure your 24pin and 4pin is pushed in all the way, make sure your jumpers are right, and the mobo to front panel connections are right.

Didn't seem to work.

Try running it with the bare minimum components. No graphics card, no drives, only use 1 stick of memory and then try swamping the memory stick. Make sure everything is plugged in securely and is plugged in. I guess the next step would be to try another PSU.

Haven't tried it yet. Quick question though, with no graphics, how do I know if it's starting normally?

My computer wouldn't post either and I was on the verge of RMAing almost every component in my build when I decided to swap the position of my ram sticks from slots 1+2 to 3+4. That fixed it, and unfortunately while one of the ram slots on my mobo is bad altogether, but I don't have the inclination to RMA it, because it works fine.

Don't have access to one (PCI graphics).
If my motherboard still has a blue light that signifies it has power, does that mean it's still good?

Back
Top Bottom