motherboard problem

masterbreti

Beta member
Hi

i am buying a pci graphics card, and i was checking my motherboard to see if its compatiable with my mother board, but for some reason the pci slot is not on the mother board, i have a 965G motherboard.

i am not sure whats happend with the mother board, as i bought the computer refurbished.

anyone have suggestions on what to do other than buy a new computer or motherboard

thanks

well i can't affod a new computer, so thats out of the question, the intel website says the motherboard supports 16x pci express cards, and the graphic card i'm buying is a pci express card, though when i checked the motherboard itself, the slot is not there,

so i'm wondering if i'm just blind or does it not exist

AK000001.jpg

I'm sorry but you'd spend more money buying a "nice" PCI graphics card than you would getting another motherboard and a better AGP or PCI-express card.

well i can't affod a new computer, so thats out of the question, the intel website says the motherboard supports 16x pci express cards, and the graphic card i'm buying is a pci express card, though when i checked the motherboard itself, the slot is not there,

so i'm wondering if i'm just blind or does it not exist

You've got an OEM machine, right? (Dell, HP, Compaq, etc)

Even if the chipset (965G in your case) supports PCI-e slots, the manufacturer doesn't have to put the slot there. If you look close you can see the solder point where the slot would go. They left it off to cut costs. This is pretty common with OEM manufacturers...the one I'm using now it like that.

Back
Top Bottom