Random Chit Chat

See, the thing is this: XFX had a large amount of blindly loyal customers when they were solely Nvidia. XFX began whoring with ATi and lost of its more down to earth customers who, after, trying their ATi product didn't see the same level of performance and detail that XFX had with Nvidia. What's keeping XFX strong now? Their policies. A double lifetime warranty is unmatched, even by Evga.

Nvidia won't have XFX back now, and I'm sure XFX is regretting it. They struck gold for some time with ATi (having GDDR5, EyeFinity, DX11, etc). But things will soon return to what they were with the GTX2xx/HD4K cards, where Nvidia had most of the buyers on their side. However, It's believed that ATi will have their HD6K's out by Q4 this year (this is hear-say). So perhaps XFX made a good move going with ATi. Because this really initiates conflict and sets the mood for price wars, which are always good.

If you can get a card back from RMA.

And either way, if you had a reference model, they make no attempt to replace it with another reference model. They give you one of their crap pcb cards.

And they have ridiculous policies. I recently saw someone on another forum where they told him that they would not replace his card unless he tested it in another system. He had like three other cards that worked in his computer, but XFX made him go to a computer repair place and pay to get it tested, only to find out what he already knew. It was dead. And he sent in two cards to RMA and got one back. I would be pissed if that happened to me.

I cannot even describe how many XFX horror stories I have seen lately. It's pathetic. If they don't have your card, they will give you whatever they feel is 'comparable' or charge a bunch of extra money to give you a somewhat better card.

Example: They replaced someone's GTX 280 from his SLI setup with a 4890. The other alternative was to pay $150 for a 5850. Both options are completely ridiculous.

/rant about XFX

Seems like you've been seeing a side of things I haven't. The only XFX products I took remote interest in were the XFX 5870, and the XFX 680i LT (The board Teny has) But Evga had a more appealing product in both cases. The GTX295, and the Evga 680i A1

Seems like you've been seeing a side of things I haven't. The only XFX products I took remote interest in were the XFX 5870, and the XFX 680i LT (The board Teny has) But Evga had a more appealing product in both cases. The GTX295, and the Evga 680i A1

If you go to overclock.net, the ATI section is full of this kind of thing. XFX has completely screwed themselves over, and for some reason, people still buy from them. It confuses me.

I think they stuck to reference for all their nVIDIA cards.

They do not even try when redesigning these things. Who wants a $180 card with only one crossfire bridge, disabled voltage control, squealing caps, and terrible reliability?

Not me.

ugh at last ive just finished my poster desig for tomorrow, im knackered been doing for hours! night...

Back
Top Bottom