Amount of Thermal on 8800GT?

My second 8800GT
DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0294.jpg

That looks alright. Little thick for my tastes, but I haven't used AS Ceramics before, so I can't attest to the viscosity.

I would also remove the thermal pads and use the paste on the memory too. But check to make sure that the heatsink will touch the tops of the memory to ensure a good contact.

Unfortunately, from my experience, Evga manufactures their cooling blocks to leave room for the thermal pads. The risers from the block won't quite touch the chips without the pads. Though I'd still try and see because they may have made their cards differently when you bought yours.

EDIT: Glad to see you back, AR. It's been a while.

Well, I already put them back together. Seems like they both go up about the same time (stays about the same temp), until higher up there. I think that's because of the different coolers.

I run furmark, so I'm sure it's still going to go above 90c. However, it takes awhile before both of them to get that high, and gets back to 70c in a few seconds (around 10-20 sec?).

70c after 10-20 seconds after running furmark. I didn't try it at idle yet.

I might do a video tut on (tuesday or later) how to do this with what I consider to be the right amount. It is variant per the GPU. Some require more than others. But one technique will make sure it's always the right amount.

Back
Top Bottom