Amount of Thermal on 8800GT?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How much do I put?

I manage to take one of the HSF off, now I just gotta apply it.

EDIT - So I put about a pea sized and spread it myself. I ran furmark, and I am getting the same temps as I did before. Did I do it wrong or something?
I used AS Ceramique BTW.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you only need roughly a rice grain sized drop of thermal even on an entire cpu. A pea size drop on the gpu chip of an 8800gt seems AWFULLY excessive.

One thing I notice was that it took longer to reach 90c than before.
I'll reapply it again before I get my new case. The only reason why I added more thermal was because I can still kinda see the shininess of the GPU, and wasn't sure that was too little.

Yeah, it never went that high back then until I SLI'd. That's why I am trying to find ways to cool it down without getting a new HSF for both of them.

I could do that, but they both seem to raise up the temps at a constant speed (if one card increases 1C, so does the other card). The only difference between the 2 is the stock cooler. Seems like the single slot cooler runs better than the dual slot edition. The single slot seems to run about 3C-4C below, then again, it could be because it's downclocked and in the secondary PCI-E slot.
We'll see if it runs any cooler when it gets new thermal applied, and transferred to a new case. Hopefully my HSF for my CPU won't be in the way of the side fan.

My first 8800GT

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

Sorry about the bad quality

Back
Top Bottom