April fools pranks

foothead

Omnicide now.
April Fools day is coming up, so I am putting together a list of computer-related pranks to try out. Any non-computer related planks are welcome too.

Here are the ones I have put together.

BSOD Screensaver Straight from Microsoft. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897558.aspx This one is pretty simple to figure out, so unplug their keyboard if you do it.

Upside Down LCD Everyone knows this one, but everyone also knows how to fix it. Go to run and type in 'gpedit' and you can disable just about anything in the control panel. Hilarity will ensue when they cannot find their drivers or the option in the control panel.

Broken LCD This is by far my favorite. Hide icons and taskbar, lock the taskbar, disable power saver and screensavers, then put this as a background. http://cybject.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/crackedscreen1920x12802mj.jpg

Psycho mouse Put a piece of tape halfway covering the sensor on their mouse. It makes it sparratically jump all over the place.

Low-res LCD Set the color profile to 256 colors and the resolution to 640x480, or preferably lower. Next go into gpedit and make it impossible to fix it. :D

Well this is all I have for now, but I lok forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Annoying Startup Message

Use this tutorial to create a message box of your choice and then copy it too the Startup folder on the account of your victim!

Malfunctioning Hardware

Go into the Device manager and disable everything

Make a new notepad file. type the following:

shutdown.exe -s -t 120 -c "your message here"

(120 is the number of seconds before the computer shuts down.)

Save it as "shutdown.bat", and put it someplace where it won't be found.

You can do a few things with this. The most popular ones are
1- Put it in the startup folder. This means it auto-executes when the perosn logs in. (requires UAC to be turned off on Vista/7)

2- Replace his shortcut to Firefox/IE/whatever with a shortcut to this. Rename the new shortcut and change the icon on it so that the two are identical, and then remove the real one. Now when they try to get on the net, their computer shuts down instead.

Tip- If you use a linux live disk to access their computer, you'll have free access to all of their files and folders without knowing their password, and you'll leave no trace of ever being there save for the present you leave behind. I recommend Slax, since it's made specifically to be put on a live cd.

well, in HS my gf told me she was pregnant.... ya... i was falln for that for about 3 days till she finally came clean.

i was unhappy.

The following is a problem I had, but may work as an April's fools. Install any bootable program onto a flash drive, corrupt the boot files, set the flash drive as primary boot item on boot sequence, plug it in the back.

Rubberband or clear tape on the handle of the spray nozzle in the kitchen sink.
Aim it towards the face region of someone using the sink.

Desktop Screen shot

Take a screen shot of somebody's desktop then delete all the icons and hide the task bar. Set the desktop screen shot as the desktop background and watch as they try to click what they think is there task bar and desktop icons. This is a very hard one to figure out for most people and will frustrate the hell out of them when nothing responds to the mouse lol.

Back
Top Bottom