Need help picking out a vcard

Might as well replace the entire post since it's all irrelevant now.

My psu is here, and I got it going, it's working fine, I had a bit of a fight with it because my mobo has a 24 pin connector AS WELL as one of those 4pin molex ones that power the CPU, and it seemed as though the new psu didn't have a cable for that. I expected it to be in with the L shaped connectors but it was actually among the yellow (pci-e) connectors which seems weird, but oh well, who cares?

The hard part is finished :)

Now let's hope the video card FITS in my case.

Also, my wires are a mess, there are a LOTTTTTTTT more wires on this new psu than my old one so I can't even keep it tidy in there. Will this affect my performance? ie. my temperatures. Or is it just an aesthetic thing to be more professional (like having vertical screws in the face plate of a lightswitch)?

Just googled the Inspiron 530....looks like a standard mATX to me:
5404-IMG7893s.jpg

The 5770 might be a tight squeeze, but it should fit. As for the extra cables, just shove them in the most out of the way place you can find. Behind the hard drive cage would be best. The cage itself would also be ok, if there's no other place available.

edit: Also, if you have an empty 5.25" slot up top, those work well.

It's good to see that the Fan is in a diamond position, it seems just...wrong. I looked at my fan and thought it was installed poorly haha.

To give you an idea of the wires I'm dealing with, take those default wires you see in that pic, and multiply by 6. And the psu - mobo cable is wrapped in this mesh cover that looks and feels like a snake, it's huge.

Just didn't come with the psu. They were both ordered together. The video card is in fort erie right now (which is just a couple cities away) so it'll probably be here tomorrow at noon.

I hate waiting on shipping :(

Luckily, I'm about 3 hours from Newegg's Memphis warehouse, so I usually get the equivalent of overnight shipping even though I don't pay for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom