Is 3D here to stay?

madanchi, I've seen that video before, and some DS games use that feature, but I don't believe it is the same idea, but it could be.

It uses the tilt mechanism (I didn't even know one existed in the DS) to know which way its facing, to perceive 3D by it moving the 3D world as you move the console, so that you almost see depth where ever you are looking.

Its clever actually

I think the DS is moving too quickly. Before we know it, there would be an 3DS lite, 3DSi, 3DSi XL, etc etc. I'm still playing with my regular DS lite.
Sony doesn't plan on releasing an 3D psp, they are trying to work on 3D for consoles instead. Hopefully they figure a way to do it without me buying a new TV and/or new PS3.

3D sucks for people that doesn't have depth perception. They'll be missing out.
3D is cool and all, but for now, I am just going to stick with 3D in theaters until they work it out and go mainstream.

Teny, I believe the 3DS is a code name.

It is a completely separate branch, and a whole entire new hand held. It won't even be in the DS line, even though it will still apparently play DS games.

Oh, I'm just saying that before we know it, there will be multiple revisions of it.

just keep your cheep glasses from the movie theater lol

Those only work for polarized light screens, which are actually two separate displays, each one with opposite polarization. The way the glasses work is they filter the light from one of the screens, so each eye only sees what it is supposed to see.

Loom up IZ3D and the new Zalman 3D computer monitors. Both use this technique and they do work with the RealD glasses from the theatre.

I have never used shutter glasses myself, but I hear the 3D effects are much more impressive.

In my opinion, they still need to increase the frames per second in 3D films.
25-30FPS is simply not fast enough for it to remain smooth when viewing it like that. Avatar looked almost jerky at times.

Flickering is another problem I notice at times

Back
Top Bottom